Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My Inlaws are going to destroy us

Posted by   + Show Post

I am still hurt and upset. My MIL ruined my daughter's birth day.

I had a birth plan months before I gave birth (DD was born Jan 26th). My DH and my sister were the ONLY ones who were going to be in the birthing room with me. My DH because he's my husband, and my sister because she was my birth coach. All of a sudden MIL comes into the room. And I had told DH I did NOT want her in there. I didn't want her stressing me out. She's been annoying and overbearing my whole pregnancy and I did not want the stress. I was mad at DH for letting her in there and giving her the room number. When it came time for me to push my doctor came in and asked MIL to leave.

She got mad because she had to leave after she'd already been told our birth plan months in advance plus DH re-reminded her the night before I went into labor. She began to call me a bitch and DH an asshole. My epidural had quit working so I was crying and she called me a pussy. She stormed to the waiting room and began badmouthing me and DH and harassing the nurses because she kept trying to get back into our room. She threw a big ol' fit with lots of cussing and badmouthing us.

Afterwards she said she wanted nothing to do wih me or Michaela. She said DH and his son(my SS) could visit her but  he is not to ever bring me or our daughter around her. She said SS is her only grandchild.

Yesterday she called DH and he made me talk to her. He shoved the phone in my face. I was so mad and upset. I did NOT want to talk to her. She had hurt and upset me and I was through with her and that side of the family. She kept apologizing and saying she loved me and Michaela and wanted to be a part of our lives. I'm just not big enough of a person to forgive her yet and I still want nothing to do with MIL and since she said mean things about DD, I don't want her around DD.

I am tired of the roller coaster ride with the inlaws. They are always treating DH shitty, and always disrespecting me. Then they start being "nice" and kissing ass and DH always runs back into a relationship with them. I am tired of getting hurt by them. I no longer trust them. They have done so many crappy things to us it's unreal. I don't want them hurting my daughter and I'm just tired of their drama. I get so mad when DH answers there phone calls. When they started their drama on the day our DD was born, DH said he was done with his parents and they'd finally gone too far. Now he is talking to him and even asked if I wanted to have dinner with them tomorrow and asked how I'd feel if one weekend his dad came over to shoot guns with him. I cannot stand his parents, I hate them. I don't want anything to do with them, I don't want them in my daughter's life. I feel like my hate for them will destroy my relationship with DH because he loves his parents no matter how shitty they treat him.

by on Feb. 5, 2011 at 7:19 PM
Replies (91-94):
marisab
by on Feb. 15, 2011 at 4:15 AM

Thats fed up and i dont get whyurdh let her in there when u said no.???

driversdiva
by on Feb. 15, 2011 at 9:25 AM

Well, you're doing a good job at allowing them total control over you. Hatred breeds bitterness and yours is very fertile right now. I realize the way they have treated you and your family is just cause for resentment, but you can kill them with kindness and do much better for yourself.

RutterMama
by on Feb. 15, 2011 at 10:07 AM
I'm so sorry! My inlaws aren't vulgar, but my mil is awful. I am sick of how she makes hubby feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lori62000
by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 4:36 PM

I'm sorry for what you are going through. But it sounds like your DH needs to grow a pair 7 stand up for you. You are his family now, his mom is done raising her kids. She also needs to respect your choices & give you time to calm yourself & someday in the future you may be able to talk to your MIL. Cause right now, she sounds like a bitch.  Your DH also needs to respect your choices & ubderstand you can't stand his mother. he shouldn't  force his mom on you, tell him this & to grow a pair. He's a grown man & should act like one.

My MIL is pretty cool now. When we forst moved back home (CO) She was always coming over unannounced, & that used to piss me off. And yes, my DH would blow it out of proportion & say Well, should I her to not come over anymore?  Which was not what I meant. Just to call first.  See, most DHs are frutrating & take what yousay and make it sound worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)