Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How would your SO care for you when you are ill?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2011 at 11:23 PM
  • 22 Replies

There are a lot times I am ill with Migraines, and some of my other medical issues that flare up from time to time.  I live alone with a service dog, so he is my SO. 

IF, I was married, I think it would be wonderful if my sweetie would keep the TV turned down low, accepted that I am ill, get himself something to eat, nothing with stinky onions, etc., and just come and check on me.

True love is saying your SO is beautiful even if she has a raw red nose, teary eyes, a voice that would make the Wicked Witch of the North sound good.  How special would it be if he went out and purchased Ginger Ale, because he knew your Mom used to buy that to make you feel better.

"In sickness and in health"  that is where this vow comes in.

by on Feb. 6, 2011 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lanie_momofone
by on Feb. 6, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I LOVE this lol

Quote:

True love is saying your SO is beautiful even if she has a raw red nose, teary eyes, a voice that would make the Wicked Witch of the North sound good. 

My SO has always called me beautiful when i am sick (oddly enough thats the most times he does tell me im beautiful).

When i am sick, my SO takes care of me pretty well. He lets me sleep, he makes me anything that i ask for, he even takes dd out for about 4-5 hrs just to let me get some sleep.

skinnymama86
by on Feb. 6, 2011 at 11:39 PM
He will go out and buy me meds and take care of the kids and the chores he takes forever to do them but they get done... And it's the only time I can really be baby bc he tells me I'm a grown ass woman I don't need to act like a baby haha punk ass
LoveMYtwo3582
by on Feb. 6, 2011 at 11:46 PM

I recover horribly from childbirth, I am always in suchhh pain for the first week, last time was especially bad because I am anemic (sp?), and I kept passing out from blood loss....he rushed me to the er.....but he honestly takes care of me so well when I am sick!  That's when I really know how great of a guy he really is!  Also, on another note, my father is honestly the most considerate man I know....he took care of my grandma and grandpa for years before they passed because they were so ill....it was the sweetest and saddest thing to watch because I knew one day that they would not be there for him to care for and he would be absolutely heartbroken.  I was right, and to this day it still kills me on those "anniversaries" because he is so sad, and nothing makes him feel less heartbroken.  My mom is very ill, and has been for 1 1/2 years now, docs don't know what is wrong with her, but he cares for her too.....it is the sweetest thing.  I love my daddy!  :)  sorry so long.

Mommy_Burge
by on Feb. 6, 2011 at 11:46 PM

DH will go to the store to get me medicine....but other than that i'm kind of on my own...which i dont totally mind. lol

DH works a lot and can't handle puke....so i just throw up if i'm sick, brush my teeth, and keep on going with my day.....lol....

i dont really have anyone to "whine" to about being sick unfortunately so i just get over it and keep going even though i feel like hell just shit me out. :D

ShannaBee
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 12:13 PM
He brings me medicine or food and keeps me hydrated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mine01369
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 12:24 PM

he has always done the best he could, which is great.  Since I passed a galstone this summer he has shown more concern when he "thinks" I'm sick.  I think it's because with my galstone he thought I was hung over, lol I had horrible stomach pains and throwing up.   I sucked it up until the pain in my chest got so bad that I couldn't breathe and I motioned for 911.  He knew something was wrong then.  I never go to the dr...Ever since that last episode he tells me at times that he was sorry he didn't believe me when I had my first "hang over" and  told him it wasn't a hang over lmao.  Now anytime he thinks something is wrong he's right on me to try and make me better...

pnut1027
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 12:28 PM

my Dh usually doesn't help if I am sick. I just suck it up & go about my day as best I can.  I think my DDs try to take care if mr more than he does if I get sick.

HollyHawk333
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:23 PM

I'm an awful sick person. It usually has to be a pretty bad cold or flu but I literally act like I'm on my death bed. I'm super needy and whinny. Thankfully my DH is very patient and loving. He understands that this is how I am and doesnt get impatient or frustrated. 

rlw
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:31 PM

he lets me sleep and keeps the kids away so I can. He also will get me something if I need it.

MomOf2LilGirls
by Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Last time I was ill was 2 days after Christmas.  I had come home from work after being freezing cold all day long.  I climbed in bed @ 2pm and slept till 10am the next day.  My DH kept the kids away from me and tended to them.  He cooked for them, bathed them and put them to bed.  All while doing this he tended to all my needs as I was having massage cold / hot flashes and I could only drink and not eat.  He kissed my forehead and hugged me continuously and told me he loved my beautiful ass every time I asked him to do anything.  (It was sweet even though he through the word ass in there LOL) The next day when I got up finally he got a baby sitter and took me to the ER.  He stayed there w/ me and once we found out it was strep and got my meds and went back home he did the same thing as the first day for the following two days!  He was the greatest during that time.

A little bit of me from 2010

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)