Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What's your opinion on... ?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 7:32 AM
  • 25 Replies

What's your opinion on sex before marriage?

by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baby2zacharias
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 7:41 AM
well i had lots of it so im gonna have to say im not one for waiting. BUT sex is better once ur married in my opinion. its nice to know ur giving it up to someone whos not going anywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_A.
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 7:43 AM

Hmm, I could say it has more of a passion once you are married or devoted to a person. Because me and DF fooled around alot before we got engaged and it didnt feel as special as it does now, i really wish I would have waited. But Im happy so it doesnt matter now.

MissElissa21
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:25 AM

As long as it's safe go for it! Sex is fun, and sometimes intimate, but it doesn't always have to be. 

busybaytownmom
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:39 AM
It happens...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gmgej
by Michele on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:42 AM

If I had to do it again I would have waited. Sex before marriage or at least a true relationship created a lot of emotional baggage for me.

Eviesmommy
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:48 AM

I can't very well speak against it. I had my fair share of it. And I certainly wasn't a virgin when I met dh. I think that I would encourage my daughter to at least be safe, and wait until she's in a serious, commited relationship for more than a few weeks (or even months) before she decides to do it though.

EireLass
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 9:03 AM

I like to try things before I buy them. 

dingysfamily
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Hard one to answer.  I honestly believe it's best to wait - if you can - but I also know that that's not an easy thing to do.  I myself didn't.  We always told our kids that if they chose to have sex before marriage they better make sure they were ready to deal with, accept & handle all consequences & responsibilites that come with it.  We also told them we'd hope that they would only do it with someone they really felt they loved, not with just anyone - just for the sake of having sex.  It's a great thing, but it's so much more wonderful and special when shared with someone you truly love and there is respect & consideration tossed in with the love.  That was something that was always there in my relationship with my husband, even before we married.

BrookieCookie1
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I don't think one necessarily has to be married. I feel that if you know and trust and care for that person enough to know how you will be treated when you two get back up and be alright with it, then go for it.

NevadaSky
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I was 3 months pregnant, when we married.  And this

• I can't very well speak against it. I had my fair share of it. And I certainly wasn't a virgin when I met dh. I think that I would encourage my daughter to at least be safe, and wait until she's in a serious, commited relationship for more than a few weeks (or even months) before she decides to do it though.

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN