Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is he a handy man?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 7:36 AM
  • 30 Replies

Is your dh/so any good at home improvement? Would you consider him "handy" at all?

by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockinmomto2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2011 at 7:37 AM

Yes, relatively. However, I'm also quite handy myself. I grew up with a single mom, so I learned to do a lot on my own.

Mommy_A.
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Yes very handy :D

baby2zacharias
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 7:39 AM
yes. he can fix anything and everything and i love that about him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissElissa21
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:29 AM

He is good for most of them, but I have to give him directions sometimes. We are probably equally handy in different ways

mommapeanut
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:39 AM

lol.  no,  not at all handy.    really.  not at all.

Strega
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:40 AM

He can fix a few things here and there.. But I wouldn't trust him with electrical stuff.

wedding website

Butter331
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:43 AM
Yes he is pretty handy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:45 AM

I have THE handyman.  we have yet to have to call any service companies in our 2 years in a new home.  (100 years old) he does absolutely everything, building cabinets, restoring hardwood, plumbing, heating cooling, roofing, landscaping, electrical, cement work, and on and on and on..  The hardest part is getting him to do the work around the house after he works all day though ;o/

Gmgej
by Michele on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:45 AM

My dh is extremely handy, he knows how and an fix anything, he can figure out the most complicated problem. The down side is because we own a hardware store and help fixing peoples problems all day long when he gets home he wants nothing to do with fixing, so we usually hire out LOL!

etexmom
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Yes, he's very good at 'fixin' things!

He's saved us a whole lot of $ through the years by learning how to fix plumbing, repair some electronics, fix cars & rewire and repair some of my electrical lamps.  He's not much on remodeling, laying tile or carpet.  We do leave that to the professionals, but I am very happy with what he can do.  I appreciate him so much!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)