Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is your dh/so any good at home improvement? Would you consider him "handy" at all?

by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 7:36 AM
Replies (21-30):
4evamami
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 11:33 AM

He's pretty handy with certain things

Poosaloosa
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Yup, he does home and vehicle repair.  My Daddy said I had to marry a millionaire or a mechanic, so I chose the second.  LOL!

SareyF
by Sarah on Feb. 7, 2011 at 12:44 PM
He is pretty handy. He can fix many things around the house, the car, the electronics. When we were just starting off we lived in a guest house that we totally renovated, from the framing and drywall and plaster to the wiring and plumbing. He worked in construction and manufacturing a lot before becoming a computer tech...so he's awesome all around. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mikeybsmom2006
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 12:46 PM

My DH can fix anything with time. I love that about him. I never pay anyone for anything.

lang6000
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 12:46 PM

no!

rHOPEb
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 12:48 PM

YUPPERS!!!!  He is a handy man and even a machanic!  I don't think there is anything he CAN'T do! hahahahaha!!  He can fix a car, or he can't he knows what's wrong and knows someone to fix it.  He can lay flooring.  He can paint, hang drywall, do cable.  He does all our yard work!  And this spring he's building our DD a swing set (the big wooden kind)!  He's VERY handy to have around!!!  :D

suziq1982
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 12:50 PM

My husband isn't very handy. He grew up with just his mom so he doesn't know how to do a lot of stuff but he is smart and can figure it out. Like we had to build a deck one time and he didn't know anything about that stuff. Never used any big power tools. He figured it out and did a great job. He knows how to do basic car care stuff. He is Electronics Engineer so he can do anything really electrical and he can figure out anything with diagrams.

kjfamily
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 12:50 PM
Yes. He does hvac and has tons of tools. He can do a lot bit he wants to do the kitchen himself and I'm a little nervous..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherrie0568
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Not really... I have a brother/Uncle for that.  Or I do it myself.  He isn't the handiest guy but he tries haha.

riotgrrl
by on Feb. 7, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Yes, he's very good at building things and fixing things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)