Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Hubby is going back to work..

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 11:41 AM
  • 15 Replies

HI LADIES, 

I have an issue so i deliver my twins boys almost 2 weeks ago. My husband got some time off work but know he needs to go back in 2 days!! My problem is since his going back to work should i still want his help at nights? It is 2 baby's and its a lot of work....but i feel bad for him and i wouldn't want him falling asleep at work. Im not sure what to do.

by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2pittsburghboys
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Yes I think you should expect his help at night.  He is their father and can help out too.  Remember their are 2 babies and twice the work..You are home with them all day and all night..You are going to need a break at some point to.  I'm sure you can work something out where you take turns at night.  It will all work out and fall into place you just need to talk to your DH and put a plan into place. Once you have a routine it should run smoother...Good Luck and Congrats on the Twins!!

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 11:50 AM

I would try to do absolutely everything I could do without him.  If there was times where I needed him I would ask for his help, but I would let him sleep as much as possible so he could be awake and alert to support our family.

suziq1982
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 11:53 AM

I wouldn't want him to get up every time with the babies. It depends on how much they are getting up. I would let him sleep 3 or 4hrs in a row then he needs to get up with them too. Then let him sleep another 3 or 4hrs. But you have to also take naps with the kids during the day if possible to let yourself rest.

mama42011
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Our kids get up every 2hrs and sometimes our other kids which are 5 and 3 will also get up because of all the crying. we put them back to sleep and then we go back to the twins. I've try doing myself but its really hard.  

Summerlion1123
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I wouldn't expect him to get up every time but theres no reason he can't help out still.

.Sugaree.
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 12:15 PM
Yes!! U both made the babies, you BOTH WoRK all day, actually u work MORE bc I bet he only works 8-10 hrs per day. So it would be fair that u had to be tired all the time and get no help while he relaxes and sleeps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Sugaree.
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 12:15 PM
*wouldnt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:01 PM
My DD will be 2 weeks tomorrow and DH started work yesterday. He helps me a little but I'm used to being the one taking care of her the most because I'm breastfeeding and I pay more attention to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ryansmommy07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:07 PM
It depends. I wouldn't ask I would see how much I could do on my own first and if I needed help then I would ask but maybe he'll be more than willing to help on his own without having to be asked :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Armywife1998
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Have you discussed it with Dh?  My sister had twins and the way they work it is:  BIL takes the early feeding while sister takes the later and late night feeding.  He helps her get them up in the morning and he helps with the morning feeding.  BIL is a Deputy Sheriff so he has to be on his toes.  this system seems to work well for them.

O and when I say early feeding their times are 6pm and 10pm. After the 10pm one sister takes the feedings and such.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)