Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Hubby is going back to work..

Posted by   + Show Post

HI LADIES, 

I have an issue so i deliver my twins boys almost 2 weeks ago. My husband got some time off work but know he needs to go back in 2 days!! My problem is since his going back to work should i still want his help at nights? It is 2 baby's and its a lot of work....but i feel bad for him and i wouldn't want him falling asleep at work. Im not sure what to do.

by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Replies (11-15):
mama42011
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:36 PM

I have try doing  it on my own but i end up waking him up. Most of the time he gets up w/out me having to tell him though he is a lot of help.

brieri
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:38 PM

most certainly.  the kids are his too.  just because he has to work doesn't mean he should not do his part after work and helping take care of them.  he can play with them give baths, whatever  to be a parent.  It is a way to unwind from the day.  The babies don't stay up all night, they do sleep.  If you get them on a schedule they eventually will sleep all through the night.  I have twins and remember one child sleeping during the day and the other up all night, but eventually got them on the same sleep pattern, so it's only for a little while. 

BOOGIETHEBOOG
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 1:51 PM

When my twins were babies. My hubby stayed up intill midnight or 1 in the morning. I was getting up to feed them. He was just sitting there when I did everything. SO we came up with this deal. If the kids were crying. He would take care of them intill about 12:30 am so I could get my rest.So they did not cry to much during that time. But it was great that I had the help if needed. 

mama42011
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 8:41 PM

My twins have the same schedule, and my hubby and i both get up to feed the baby's. We need to talk and figure out a schedule. I need my sleep time just as much as he does!

mommy2angel
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 8:49 PM

YES i think he should still help!!! My husband works night but still helps with the kids during the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)