Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Sacrificing

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 2:25 PM
  • 13 Replies
Did you have to sacrifice anything to become a wife and/or mother?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danielle-Lo-La
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 2:27 PM

I gave up an internship at a very popular magazine knowing we'd be moving to WA not long after we got married. It was totally worht it though. :)

HollyHawk333
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:14 PM

I didn't give up anything major. When I became a mom, I lost friends because I couldnt hang out every weekend or couldnt just drop everything and coming running to whatever was going on. But for me, it was beyond worth it. I got to spend weekends with a beautiful lil girl and amazing man. Plus, I have a stronger bond with the friends that stuck around. 

ingrid198
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:34 PM

to be a mother yes. i got pregnant with ds at 19 i had to drop out of school to work as many full- time hours as i could for my savings to support me and the baby and i ended up being a single mother :[ thank god for my family

Armywife1998
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:40 PM

I know, I know this sound petty but I had to sacrafice my two big rots when we got married because they hated DH-lol. Both where male and I had them from the time they where puppies.

ShannaBee
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:47 PM
I lost alot of friends but that just means they weren't friends to begin with. I also put college on hold but I do plan on finishing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathy-PSPR
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 4:06 PM

No, I sacrificed nothing. I ended a very long friendship, I don't think it was a sacrifice though. She wanted me to choose her or him, to me that was not a choice. I just learned someone I thought was a very good friend really wasn't. 

suziq1982
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 4:08 PM

I don't really remember. My sons about to turn 9 and I don't really remember giving up anything other then my education had to wait a little.

kathyartist2007
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Having a child at 39, I was so ready I would have given anything up to be a mom. One thing I can think of, I would have left my ex if we didn't have a child. I ended up leaving 10 years later.

Mommy102710
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 4:09 PM

I don't thinkI sacraficed anything. I waited 27 years to find my hubby and 32 to have my DD, I was good and ready LOL! :-) I too lost a very good friend that I've been friends with since I was 2, she just didn't think I was in love with my husband but in reality I believe she was jealous. We are still friends just not close at all....and I don't regret one choice I've made about it.

ChrissyReznor
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 4:11 PM

besides my body and a lot of extra money,not really

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN