Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His & hers when it comes to $$ !?!?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:00 PM
  • 35 Replies
I'm a SAHM and my DH works. He sees the money he brings in as OUR money. I "work" at home with our 3 kids and he works at his job so we consider everything ours.

Do you have your money and his money?? If you stay home is it considered his money?? Just curious how other couples do things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ingrid198
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:06 PM

i stay at home with our 2 babies and he considers it "our" money. i still have my seperate bank accounts and he has his but we have our joints as well.

busybaytownmom
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:07 PM
It's ours...we both see it that way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manifer_momma
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:10 PM
Its our money...but we do have a little separate $ on the side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabyangy
by Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Both my husband and I work and we each have our own bank accounts.  His checks pay for all the bills and mortgage my checks pay for all the fun stuff.

Koltonsmommy345
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Currently I'm the only one working. My husband is collecting his unemployment (which is more than I make at my job) and we consider our money "ours". We pay our bills and have our spending money to do whatever with!! We both make sure our bills are paid but it's our money not his money and my money!!

"My goal in life is to be as good a person as my pitbull already thinks I am."

sherrie0568
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:18 PM

With James and I, it's our money.  He is the only one that works outside the home.  When I was married to my ex, it was all his.  Even when I was working, he took my paychecks and deposited them into his bank account (which I didn't have access to).  He didn't give me an "allowance" either.  I had to ask for money, and usually said no.  Part of the reason that we're divorced now. 

gina4
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:24 PM

When DH was working and I was staying at home.. it was always 'our' money.. We never questioned that at all, now our oldest DS was always throwing it in my face that it was 'Dad's money' because I didn't 'work' outside the home...

LilGina
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:27 PM

No its our money

Mommy_Burge
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:34 PM

DH works while i stay at home as well.....he likes to say it's "his" money...hahaha

it just goes into a joint account and then i pay bills with it...he allots himself spending money for the week, i get money for the week and then we save the leftover $$ in another account.

IMO it shouldn't be HIS money....you work just as hard....it's YOUR money...by that i mean both of you.

BV88
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:35 PM
Dh has always (since we were 16) told me that there is no such thing as his money....it's OUR money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)