Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

His & hers when it comes to $$ !?!?

I'm a SAHM and my DH works. He sees the money he brings in as OUR money. I "work" at home with our 3 kids and he works at his job so we consider everything ours.

Do you have your money and his money?? If you stay home is it considered his money?? Just curious how other couples do things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:00 PM
Replies (31-35):
Strega
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Ours. Always has been, even when I worked outside of the Home, and he stayed home.

wedding website

CameronsMommy23
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 4:48 PM
When i was working before we got pregnant with our twins we shared both incomes. We set aside money for ourselves when we can but we make all decisions together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 4:54 PM
I'm a sahm and we share money! I do so much and he knows that I will take care of all the bills and everything for the kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emarin77
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Yes, I am a sahm and we consider it our money.  I receive SSDI and it is our money too.  The only difference is we share in the expenses and both save.

dmom27
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 5:09 PM

.We both hold full time jobs and have separate bank accounts.  We do, however consider it to be "our money."  It does help us to keep things separately because DH and I have different priorities and separate spending habits.  This leaves us free to spend as we wish.  All necessities are taken care of first.  Pretty much he pays the rent, and his debt.  (School loan, car loan, etc.)  I pay the daycare, and all utilities.  I don't have a car loan, (saved up and bought mine) school loan, or any credit card debt.  I pay things off right away and DH likes to string out the payments.  That is why I leave his debt. up to him to pay each month.  We check in with each other and put money towards family trips, groceries, that sort of thing.  I am better at paying multiple bills, that's why I pay the utilities.  DH tends to forget what needs to be payed.  We just switched to his medical insurance, so his paycheck is a little smaller and mine is a little bit bigger.  That is why I now pay his gas money too.  Each week-end I borrow his car and fill up the tank.  Our system works for us.  (For now.)  His goal is to make enough for the both of us some day, and then I can stay home with the boys.  Then it won't be separate at all.    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)