Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Renewing vows?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:48 PM
  • 4 Replies

My husband and I just went through a separation. We were only seperated a couple of months but so much has happened during that time. We have been back together for a little over a month and so far things are better than EVER. Even better than the day we got married. We are throwing around the idea of renewing our wedding vows just to show ourselves and our friends and family that we have recommited to one another. We weren't thinking about doing anything really fancy just a small type ceremony. We got married in Destin and our family and friends were not able to be there. We never actually had a ceremony here. So there are a lot of reasons we are considering this. Next summer will be our 5th anniversary so we were thinking of doing it that weekend. Does anyone have any ideas? I know most people don't renew their vows so early in a marriage...but we have had a lot of extremely difficult times and I feel it is appropriate.

~Kind words may be short and easy to speak, but their echos are truly endless!~

Mother of two beautiful little angels- Kylee Danielle 10/05/07 and Allyson Nichole 10/26/09

by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
momofapreemie
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:52 PM

are you thinking about having your big wedding reception when you renew them since you couldn't in the first place?  we got married the day before we made settlement on our new house, buying a house was more important than a big wedding at the time so 3 years later we renewed our vows and had the big ceremony and reception and we had a ball.  i'm so glad we did it and now we have some beautiful memories and pictures hanging on our wall. 

~blue

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 3:53 PM
Have a small ceremony at park or other natural surroundings. I would have loved an outdoor wedding but I didn't get it. Congrats on working through things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lindseyjay347
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 4:09 PM

I am not sure if we will have a big ceremony or not. I think it would be a lot of fun. Don't get me wrong, my wedding was absolutely amazing...but I'd still like to have the whole wedding experience that I did not have in Destin. However, I'm not sure hubby feels the same. I think he would rather invite a few friends and close family members. We haven't decided. I don't even know where to begin haha.

suziq1982
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Congrats. My husband told me last night he wants us to renew our vows. We haven't bee through any rough patches or anything but when we got married we didn't really have a home church and we lived away from family so we invited friends and family to this park over looking water and had juctice of peace come out and marry us. It was beautiful but it wasn't with a pastor so he wants us to get married again by a pastor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)