Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I told my DH he makes me feel like I'm worthless and he says if u feel that way then step up ur game... Ugh I know what it means but I don't know what he wants me to do to step it up I'm mean I don't work or go to school maybe he wants me to do that I'm starting school soon but I feel like I'm always going to feel this way
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 5:33 PM
Replies (11-16):
peachwine
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 8:30 PM
Your dh suppost to build you up, not tear you down.
mommy2angel
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 8:34 PM

awww thas not something you want to hear :(

skinnymama86
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 8:54 PM
Quoting Ohio.SAHMof2:

Oh sweetie im sorry. the saying comes to my mind "you cant love someone unless you love yourself". Maybe he didn't think it is someting you are doing wrong with him. But maybe he is thinking there is something you might want to do to yourself. I know when we get tax return in I'm going to get my sexy back:) I'm spoiling myself. Whens the last time you spoiled yourself girlie?

All the time lol
Gmgej
by Michele on Feb. 8, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Ask him what he meant. I can see why you would feel that way if this is response to what you said.

Gmgej
by Michele on Feb. 8, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Ok this changes everything. I am not a military wife but I think if he is deployed, he is in this state of mind. He can't help you feel worth while when he is not there, it is something you have to do yourself. Try leaving negative out of the conversation when you talk to him, be loving and upbeat.

Quoting Armywife1998:

I posted to another discussion you posted how to "step up your game.  This is yalls first deployment, there are things that you dont understand and never will about being over there. you wont understand because he cant discuss it with you or he feels ashamed to discuss it.

Also the only person that can make you feel worthless are those that you allow to make you feel that way. You are stronger than you think you are. Start doing the things I suggested earlier and complain less to him when you do talk to him and see what happens.

missyj82
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 9:22 PM

honey dump that loser.. if he makes you feel that way you can always find someone better someone who wont make you feel like your crap.. i dated a lot of losers and now im 28 and i finally found the right guy.. you have to kiss a lot of toads to get to your prince.. trust me.. it sucks but there is always someone better.. =).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)