Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you ever...update

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 5:55 PM
  • 29 Replies

get to a point that you just hate your husband?

I don't even know where to start.  First I want to say thank you for not bashing me yet.  Let's start with a little background because I don't think I have ever posted in here about our marriage.  We are 5 years apart in age and were raised totally different.  I was a social butterfly and he was a farm slave.  We have been married 8 years come April 19th and have a 4 year old daughter.  We both work 1 full-time and 1 part-time job.  I work 12 hour night shifts at my main job and he works days. 

A couple weeks ago, I had all the dishes and the kitchen totally cleaned before I went to work on a Saturday eve.  He did all the cooking for him and dd on Sat eve, all day Sun, and then Mon eve (she was at daycare Mon).  Before I left for work on Mon, I asked him to do a load of dishes.  I came home Tues am and the stove, both sinks, and counters were covered in dishes and food.  I was off Tues and Wed but didn't do much because of a muscle injury.  Then on Thurs, I asked him to do dishes when I left for work again.  Come home Fri and they weren't touched.  We were gone Fri eve into Sat afternoon.  I worked 12 hour night shifts Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues.  He still didn't do dishes.  And then on Sun, he only let me have 3 hours of sleep during the day before he woke me even though I didn't have to return to work for a while. 

We had to get a new van last month because ours was totalled.  The in-transits were set to expire on Mon.  He was gonna take care of it last Fri, then Mon, then tues.  Well, I took the papers and went to the courthouse, but I didn't have the title, so now we have to pay a penalty because it is over 30 days.  I drive 75 miles round trip to work.  I called him and told him that I had to work and they wouldn't let me license it and he would have to take me to work.  He told me just to drive it because no one would notice.......which escaladed into a huge fight.

These are just the latest things bugging me.  He opened his own personal checking account last year so now we have seperate accounts and no access to each others money.  He pays his bills, I pay mine, plus anything dd needs.  And now I worry that he isn't actually feeding dd and taking care of her while I am at work.  I could care less about even being in the same house as him letting alone sleeping with him.  He totally turns me off.  And he is chewing again even though I despise it and won't clean up his spit bottles/cans.

by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Sugaree.
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM
I've been there. But for the moment I'm very in love!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyssasmom11007
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 5:57 PM

I'll share the story of what's going on later..but for right now..my status on fb is "I feel the need to cut someone's balls off"

Naegore
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 5:59 PM

No, but I do get angry with him at times.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Nope even when I want to hate him I can't...lol  I'm head over heels for him.

Osstie
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 6:03 PM

yep!

JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Only once... But I've never told him I hated him or anything. Obviously I'm very much so in love with him. There was just one occurance where I thought wow... I honestly hate you at this exact second.

momma_814
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Well i hate things he does but i don't hate him. I love him but sometimes i don't like him so much.

Embers88
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Oh yeah, been there. But all in all I love him very much. We have been through some hard times but it's getting better and better.

bwill626
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 6:09 PM

I wouldn't say hate, but I definitely have gotten angry with him. That's normal for everyone I think. 

LuckyMommy0711
by on Feb. 8, 2011 at 6:14 PM

I tell him I hate him sometimes.. but he knows i never mean it.... i say it when im very very very flustered... He's very forgettful , and that drives me INSANE! LoL, but... I feel more comfortable with him than anyone in this world, its only natural that i take my frustration out on him, because God knows he is the only one that will still love me 30 seconds after I'm done bashing him... I love him sooo much though...He is an amazing man! If he wasn't my definition of perfection, he would not be my husband, nor my son's not only step-father, but only father my son knows.. He treats me like a princess, and we never ever fight, we have small arguments, and my rants always have him smiling and nodding his head.. reassuring me that not only am i crazy but he still loves me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN