Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Wanna keep your relationship happy?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:45 AM
  • 10 Replies

Figure out what's wrong with yourself and change it!  You can keep yourself happy and keep your man happy at the same time. Stop being selfish and thinking it's all about you. I bet your SO does want to help you but how many times have you corrected him or told him it was wroing? Cook a real meal and if you can't cook, learn. Do something with your kids. Get to the gym, mainly because you're going to end up feeling amazingly sexy and he'll notice and appreciate that you're making an attempt to take care of yourself. And have sex more than once in a while with your husband. Did you know they like blowjobs just because sometimes? Do for him and he'll do for you!
   I also recommend learning a little bit of logic and reasoning so that you can converse and express yourself to your husband or boyfriend without getting all psycho and emotional. Yes, it will happen once in a while because you're female, and the sooner you recognize this and work on being more even keeled on the regular, the happier you and everyone around you will be. Men use logic when conversing. They're very good at keeping things from getting emotional. Take a page out of their book and they'll try to hear what you're saying more.

And I can say all this because I've been there. Things are better and he and I appreciate each other more.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meowmixer
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:47 AM

I also recommend the book "Stop Calling Him Honey and Start Having Sex." Really opened my eyes to a lot of things and hit on many points in my head that I wanted to get out but wasn't sure how to express.

mommy2angel
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:54 AM
interesting. This makes a lot of sense! Thanks for sharing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.pyle
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:56 AM

i agree, so many people are so "me me me its all about me" they dont realize that that attitude is whats causing the problem in the first place.

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:25 PM
THANK YOU for posting this, so true but still some won't get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:28 PM
Good post! Here's a bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meowmixer
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Quoting lapcounter:

THANK YOU for posting this, so true but still some won't get it.

You're welcome. I'm tired of listening to women bitch and complain about what their SO is doing wrong but taking no accountability for their actions.  No one is perfect and sometimes you have to be accepting of one's flaws.

Rwive
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM

oh Gosh I hope you girls dont get mad at me, but I DONT AGREE WITH THIS< I mean your points are great and are okay, and it should go either way, I mean man needs to start calling their wife pretty, sexy, and turn off the TV where there only show Incradible Re-Tuch girls,lol What about he turning you on, instead of just I got a hard on girl open you legs! then we have to do all the work, they are asy to turn on than us, then yet if we are not really  turned on, the sex aint gona be good!! is just gonna make us dont want to have sex again, I do agree woman gets a little crazy on discussions, specially during periods, and we should learn to pick our fights better yet, dont fight just talk. Figure out whats wrong with yourself?? what if you are not the problem, what if there is nothing wrong with you but perhaps there is something in your household that is not been adress? Dont take all the guilt, a HOME IS MADE BY ALL THE PEOPLE THAT LIVES IN IT, not just YOU! dont be so harsh on yourself and blame it all on your actions, of course if you know that there is something in your life that needs to be taking care of, and you cannot do it alone talk to him an look for professional help, a couple should learn to growth togheter, go thru things togheter as a couple, a partnership, best freinds, find the ways to fix things togheter. Ok thats just my opinion..lol Sorry is long.

-mrs.mamma-
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:06 PM
I agree. Marriage is just as much give (if not MORE) as it is take.
Women sometimes don't realize that they must first evaluate themselves before pointing fingers. You get out what you put in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meowmixer
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Why would we be mad? It's your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, everyone should take a step back once in a while and say to themself "what can I do to make myself a better person?" Your SO is NOT going to give you everything you need emotionally and mentally. Women need to make sure they're keeping up their own identity. Be mysterious to them, and make them wonder what you're doing. In order for him to want to tell you that he thinks you're sexy, you need to act it, feel it, and give him a chance to notice it. If you're not feeling sexy, DO something about it!

And exactly the point that I'm trying to make is how women, and people in general, are so quick to jump to "Well I'm not the problem." Have you stopped and looked objectively at your situation? Maybe you are the problem. Professional help, etc, is fine. Professionals are going to tell you exactly this. Partnerships are exactly that... a partnership and sometimes there is a breakdown on one side or the other. Like follows like. And for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Quoting Rwive:

oh Gosh I hope you girls dont get mad at me, but I DONT AGREE WITH THIS< I mean your points are great and are okay, and it should go either way, I mean man needs to start calling their wife pretty, sexy, and turn off the TV where there only show Incradible Re-Tuch girls,lol What about he turning you on, instead of just I got a hard on girl open you legs! then we have to do all the work, they are asy to turn on than us, then yet if we are not really  turned on, the sex aint gona be good!! is just gonna make us dont want to have sex again, I do agree woman gets a little crazy on discussions, specially during periods, and we should learn to pick our fights better yet, dont fight just talk. Figure out whats wrong with yourself?? what if you are not the problem, what if there is nothing wrong with you but perhaps there is something in your household that is not been adress? Dont take all the guilt, a HOME IS MADE BY ALL THE PEOPLE THAT LIVES IN IT, not just YOU! dont be so harsh on yourself and blame it all on your actions, of course if you know that there is something in your life that needs to be taking care of, and you cannot do it alone talk to him an look for professional help, a couple should learn to growth togheter, go thru things togheter as a couple, a partnership, best freinds, find the ways to fix things togheter. Ok thats just my opinion..lol Sorry is long.

shorty_girl330
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM
i say just be the best person you can possibly be and you will be blessed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN