Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AM I being unreasonable.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:12 PM
  • 27 Replies

My husband of nearly 10 yrs cheated on me. He keeps saying almost cheated. This is because my daughter (13) caught him . She did mot see but herd them in her (neighbor) bedroom before they knocked because door was locked. He hid in closet. (nice). She had a rob over her cloths and according to my daughter in her words had "just had sex hair". in other words a mess. Husband said he only had pants down to upper thigh before the knock. His reason for his "almost affair" was because he was drunk and was turned down 3xs by me. He says he just was not thinking. So the being unreasonable issue is because I'm so upset about what my daughter had to witness with her eyes or even just the knowing. Also he feels because 'it" did not fully happen that calling it an affair or cheating is not what happen. To me he cheated. To me he cheated our marriage, me, my daughter, and our son. To me it's the intent he made the choice but was "cheated' out of finishing. I'm hurt angry and don't know if we will be able to recover. He feels I'm making to much of it....Am I

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:14 PM

yeah he cheated.....time for some marriage & family counseling

poshkat
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM

i agree with you and no you are not being unreasobale. he cheated and he was stupid enough to get caught by your daughter!! he not only ruined your marriage he messed with your daughters mind. i wonder if he ever thought about how his 13 year old daughter felt about seeing her dad cheat

jene26
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:17 PM
No. You are not being unreasonable . He cheated. And your daughter catching them "almost" doing it is horrible. Good luck. I hope u guys can work it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtokrjp
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:17 PM

I don't think you're making too much out of it at all!  I agree - he cheated!  And I feel bad for your daughter, and obviously he doesn't.  Hang in there and good luck with whatever you decide to do about this!  Take care!!hugs

Princess7777
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM

The intent is cheating.  I'd be upset also.  I'm sorry.  Hugs.

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:19 PM

maybe you guys should talk to someone:)

sew4fun
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Yes he cheated Im sorry . He needs to not only make amends with you but also with your daughter. Family counciling ( as mentioned by a PP) does sound like a good idea

Summerlion1123
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:20 PM

That is cheating and you are not being unreasonable.

michele82908
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:21 PM
Yea he cheated. He just got caught before he got the goods.
HappyGirl44
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:22 PM

He cheated and got caught by his own daughter.....wow! Don't let him make this about you doing something wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)