Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you and DH see eye to eye on parenting ?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:24 PM
  • 35 Replies

Most of the time we do but there are somethings that he does go with me on . For example he works all the time and the girls normally sleep with us but I was breaking them of this and he started bringing them back in bed because he missed them. I know he did not exactly go behind my back or against me but I felt we were not on the same page . What about you ? Do you and DH/SO see eye to eye on everything to do with the kids ?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vivc81
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Yes, we see eye to eye on almost everything, and when we don't we discuss it, and have, so far, always managed to come to a good conclusion. 

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:26 PM

We compromise if we do not agree. I would LOVE to home school and cloth diaper but he will not let me. But we do not vax:) We do not CIO, we co sleep and I wear the kids! So we go half and half:)

calyn11742
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:27 PM
On most things, yes. But there are some things we don't see eye to eye on. Luckily, they are minor things.
MommyLehr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:32 PM
for the most part but there are things we disagree on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:36 PM
Yes and I'm glad. Cuts out future fights over parenting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziq1982
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Usually yes and we do always discuss.

Sarlinda
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:40 PM

For the most part we do. He treats his dd a little differently then he does our dd's. I think it's bc he doesnt get to see her alot. We are real strict on our girls. He's more leanient with his dd. It annoys me sometimes but I understand why.

.Sugaree.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:41 PM
On the big things, yes. We are very 'natural' and AP style parents. But we still disagree on minor things ever now and then
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Poosaloosa
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:51 PM

99% of the time we do and when we don't, I ask him why he feels that way, we discuss and decide together.

superwoman8977
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Yes, we are a team and the kids know what is said goes...no arguements and no playing us either

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)