Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No more please!!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:52 AM
  • 3 Replies

Saturday I was supposed to help my best friend and her hubby get everything set up for their daughters b-day party. The party was at 5pm. We still had to make and decorate cupcakes and a few other things. A huge wind storm decided to blow in and knocked our power out for 4 hours. So my kids didn't have the clothes they wanted to wear to the party because I was in the middle of laundry when the power went out. The power finally came back on an hour before the party, so we had to hurry and make the cupcakes. Everything as going good until around 6:30, when the power went out again for another 2 hours. It is not a good thing when the power goes out and you have about 20 little girls screaming at the top of their lungs cause it is pitch black. We found candles and lanterns and had plenty of charged ipods for music. The kids had a blast dancing and partying to candle light. We were all happy with the way the night ended and went to bed happy that the party was successful, despite our power problem.

Then I get a call that my best friends hubby was rushed to the hospital, around 1:30am. His appendix burst and he was supposed to go to surgery at 6:30 this morning. We are still waiting to hear how the surgery went. I am so upset because we are very close with both of them. This weekend just will not let up. I am so ready for it to end but we still have all day today. What else is going to go wrong?

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Never ever ask "what else can go wrong" LOL.  I'm sorry honey!  This will be a party to remember for the little girl though, seriously.  Hope your BF's DH is okay as well.  [hugs & prayers]

Dodgermommy
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I hope he's fine and that nothing else happens!!!

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Quoting Dodgermommy:

I hope he's fine and that nothing else happens!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)