Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband works crazy hours because he is in the Navy so I can understand his work hours but after work he ALWAYS goes to the gym for 2 hours so he doesnt get home until like 7/8pm , meaning he eats dinner, showers and relaxes (watches tv). I do not get any time with him and when the weekend come he doesnt want to do anything because he's tired from his week and or he will go to play Basketball with his friends. I feel like he doesnt want to do anything with me and or our son.I've told him on numerous occasions to make up a whole day just for us because we have a sitter or that we should do things as a family and it seems to go in one ear and out the other. I dont know what to do anymore. He says that I stress myself out because I make things out to be more than they really are, but is it really a lot to ask him to want to spend time with me being that I barely see him throughout the week? I feel like the marriage is getting old too fast and I dont like it at all. I want to do what I can to make it work but I am running out of ideas.

by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 12:39 AM
Replies (31-33):
CountryMom74
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 3:11 PM
Let him know your lonely.....write it all down in a letter and give it to him. That way he has to listen to what you have to say before he interrupts.
marisab
by on Feb. 26, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Hey i would sit down with and explain you are feeling a lil neglected(maybe thats a bad choice of word) and say when would u like to hang out maybe as simple bout of cuddle on the couch or a nite out

Lori62000
by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Being a military wife is hard, crazy hours and all. My hubby is out now but with his new job & he's going to school at night, he's very busy. But he does make some time for family. it sounds like your hubby would rather hang with his friends than you. you need to tell him that being a good husband is more than just providing for the family. he needs to be there as well. His kid will end up growing up without a father around and may resent him years later.  You two need to sit & talk about where your marriage & family is going.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)