Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking of buying a new car..I need some help ladies

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 3:08 AM
  • 20 Replies

Hey girls,

We are buying our first new car! I'm so excited, but I'm not sure about some. I have narrowed it down to these four I love:

2008 Buick Enclave

2009 Toyota Highlander

2009 Chevy Traverse

2008 GMC Acadia

Do any of you own any of these? Or have drivin one? Thoughts would be great! :)

by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 3:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiveLaughLove85
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 3:13 AM
Go with the Traverse!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allykins165
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 3:22 AM
I know its not on your list but the GMC Terrains are super nice. They're luxurious without the big ticket of high end brands. They're also really comfy. That's what I plan to get next year. Have to wait for my car to be paid off. We didn't know we were going to have another baby and need a bigger vehicle. Lol I have always liked highlanders too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsTantaros
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 3:23 AM

hmm..I'll look into that one.

Quoting allykins165:

I know its not on your list but the GMC Terrains are super nice. They're luxurious without the big ticket of high end brands. They're also really comfy. That's what I plan to get next year. Have to wait for my car to be paid off. We didn't know we were going to have another baby and need a bigger vehicle. Lol I have always liked highlanders too.

ae86mommy
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 3:28 AM
We just bought a Land Rover and love it! What kre you looking for, fuel economy, roominess, seating capacity, safety ratings? You should look at reviews for each :) that's what i did :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 3:37 AM

I have test drove the Traverse and Highlander and they are both nice. I would go with the Highlander personally just because Toyotas will run forever!

MrsTantaros
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 3:39 AM

Yea, I looked at all the reviews..And test drove a couple. I am just seeing what other's think of them after driving them a while. I dont want something to big, yet i want it to be roomy. I have 3 kids, two of them are in bulky big car seats. other is still in a booster seat.

Quoting ae86mommy:

We just bought a Land Rover and love it! What kre you looking for, fuel economy, roominess, seating capacity, safety ratings? You should look at reviews for each :) that's what i did :)

EireLass
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 9:14 AM

I don't have any of those, but I would buy the Highlander. 

mommy2angel
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 9:23 AM
The Highlander! I dont have one but want one :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gmgej
by Michele on Feb. 23, 2011 at 10:16 AM

We are car shopping and seem to have looked at all of these. The Buick is beautiful, but was too cushy for my taste, more like a luxury car, plus the transmission has a shaky hesitation that I didn't like at all. The Highlander was just too small for me. The Traverse was a cheap version of the buick and GMC. The Acadia was almost the perfect vechicle for us we all LOVED it, the Acadia Denali is just a little more beautiful drool worthy, they are more of a sport package with a stiffer suspension, more responsive. Now just to confuse you a little more go test drive the new Ford explorer limited, it blows them all out of the water I really liked this the best! After all this we decided on a Mercedes Benz ML no third seat but my three boys fit very well in the back seat, and since my car isn't the family vehicle all five us would only be in it a few times a year. Leasing the M-B MLwas cheaper then any of the above vehicles believe it or not, plus it is a business write off! To add our main concern was being able to fit my 6'2" fifteen year old, and two boys following close behind the ML fit the bill. We also looked at the BMW x5 they added a third seat, they shouldn't have it is tiny and cheap. The Audi Q7 was nice but very cramped. The Lexus was beautiful but once we saw the room, size, and price of the M-B it wasn't even in the running, the M-B GL is AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING but there was no way we were entertaining 77,000 for a car.

RutterMama
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 10:49 AM
The Toyota for sure!!!! They have the best track record!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)