Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Thinking of buying a new car..I need some help ladies

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey girls,

We are buying our first new car! I'm so excited, but I'm not sure about some. I have narrowed it down to these four I love:

2008 Buick Enclave

2009 Toyota Highlander

2009 Chevy Traverse

2008 GMC Acadia

Do any of you own any of these? Or have drivin one? Thoughts would be great! :)

by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 3:08 AM
Replies (11-20):
EireLass
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Okay, the preliminary votes are in. You have to buy a Toyota!! haha 

deccaf
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Drove the Acadia as a rental and thought it was great.

MrsTantaros
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 3:12 PM

THANK YOU for all the great info!! I did some more reasurce and I'm leaning towards the Chevy Traverse. I am going to go down to the dealership and test drive it...just for a final thought.

Quoting Gmgej:

We are car shopping and seem to have looked at all of these. The Buick is beautiful, but was too cushy for my taste, more like a luxury car, plus the transmission has a shaky hesitation that I didn't like at all. The Highlander was just too small for me. The Traverse was a cheap version of the buick and GMC. The Acadia was almost the perfect vechicle for us we all LOVED it, the Acadia Denali is just a little more beautiful drool worthy, they are more of a sport package with a stiffer suspension, more responsive. Now just to confuse you a little more go test drive the new Ford explorer limited, it blows them all out of the water I really liked this the best! After all this we decided on a Mercedes Benz ML no third seat but my three boys fit very well in the back seat, and since my car isn't the family vehicle all five us would only be in it a few times a year. Leasing the M-B MLwas cheaper then any of the above vehicles believe it or not, plus it is a business write off! To add our main concern was being able to fit my 6'2" fifteen year old, and two boys following close behind the ML fit the bill. We also looked at the BMW x5 they added a third seat, they shouldn't have it is tiny and cheap. The Audi Q7 was nice but very cramped. The Lexus was beautiful but once we saw the room, size, and price of the M-B it wasn't even in the running, the M-B GL is AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING but there was no way we were entertaining 77,000 for a car.

ryansmommy07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2011 at 7:46 PM
TOYOTA !!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jssg1986
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 7:51 PM

I haven't test drove those cars, all I did was see if the car seats we have would fit in them and they were all a tight fit, to tight for me.  The only vehicle we like that fit the car seats are Honda Odyssey up to the 2010 year.  I have a 2000 Honda Odyssey and it is so roomy even with the car seats.  

But I would say the toyota

DMautz
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 8:10 PM

We love our Acadia

jenjen1532
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 11:12 PM

I have a 2007 GMC Acadia.... I LOVE IT!!!!!!  I have 4 kids.. 1 n a booster, 1 n a covertable, and the other is still in his infant seat getting ready 2 go 2 a convertable.  I love it it is so roomy and nice 2 drive.

kimber2465
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 9:52 AM

just to let you know- if you are looking at the acadia and the traverse- also check out the saturn outlook. it is the same thing as the other two- all three have the same layout in side, and the same frame.(mine seats 8) it doesn't have the price tag of the other two. love mine! i have plenty of room for everyone and everything.  i have dvd, onstar, bluetooth, hands on control- it gets really good gas mileage. my daughter is looking for a saturn vue(it is smaller then this-but for her and two kids is good).

Mommy_Burge
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 9:56 AM

I second the traverse!!!

Not only are Chevy's super reliable and if anything goes wrong with them (not likely for a while since it's fairly new) they are usually pretty cost effective to fix since they are american made. :D My family doesn't drive anything but chevy's :D

but i have also been inside of a traverse....well....at the dealership...LOL....and the room inside is just AMAZING!!! My dream car is a chevy equinox but the traverse is basically the same just with more room inside. :D to me it's like a suburban without the look of that HUGE BODY...not to mention i'm sure the gas is way better than on a bigger suv

Ankdance21
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 4:25 PM

I have a 2008 Ford Taurus X and love it. It has the best safety ratings amongst all that you are looking at. I too looked at most of those vehicles. The Ford has 3 rows but isn't too big. It's super roomy inside and an adult can sit in even the back row.  It gets good gas mileage too (25mpg).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN