Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

So, today a friend asks politely "What all have you been doing today?" I go down a list of housework that I've accomplished. It included dishes, trash, mopping, vacuuming, laundry, changing sheets, making up beds [and this was all before 1 PM :)] So, in return she [kind of rudely] exclaims "Damn, what does your husband do around the house?"

I'm a SAHM, while my husband works his butt off at an internship 40 hours a week, plus school. If your hubby works and you stay at home, I don't see why it's necessary for you to complain that he does nothing; or why it's so hard for you to clean. I mean really? He's working for YOU, you should clean for HIM. You'd want the same thing if you were working 40 hours a week; to come home to a NICE and CLEAN house. I have no problem cleaning the house alone cause it's my duty. [I'm not saying he doesn't DO things in the house, I just don't ask it of him.]

How about at your house? do you share in household responsibilities or do you see it as he has his job and you have yours?

**This is just MY opinion. Some women like their hubbys/SO to share in the household duties, I just don't see it that way.

in love with kyle, mommy to bella & kyla & an angel, owner of a jack russel and a yellow lab, daughter of a preacher and a stubborn southern belle<3

by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 2:52 PM
Replies (21-23):
CrimsonGoddesss
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 6:46 PM

We both pitch in...we both work...but I do Majority of the house work and all of the cooking....Hubby does what he is paticlar about....I love to cook & deep clean but HATE to straighten up..so he does...lol

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2011 at 6:45 AM
My husband is busy running our business, I take care of our home, he does help out when he can example he got home before I did the other night he emptied the dishwasher and started dinner without being asked to :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleLopez04
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 6:55 AM

I also am a sahm and take care of everything. There are the nights when after dinner i get the kids in a bath and come back and my husband cleaned up dinner and the kitchen! Which is really nice. usually he just takes the trash out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN