Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there something wrong with me?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 11:05 PM
  • 6 Replies

It's been 5 months since I had my DD and my husband and I have had sex maybe 3-4 times since my 6 week checkup. My husband seems to want sex every hour of every day but I am just never in the mood. I feel like my husband thinks I'm pushing him away or that I'm not interested in him anymore and that's not the case at all. I just have no sex drive at all I don't know why this is but it's starting to wear on us both and cause arguments. 

I'm taking medication for depression (the same medication I took before I got pregnant) and it didn't effect my sex drive then. I'm thinking that part of my problem might be how much weight I have gained even though my husband obviously is still interested.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do to maybe boost my sex drive a little or at least to get interested in sex again?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Autumn Riley

by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ShyJen
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 11:09 PM

It could be the medication interacting with your hormones after you had the baby. Talk to your doctor about it. I was on some Anti-depressants before I had my kids and they worked fine till I had my kids, then suddenly everything was going wrong and I was more depressed than ever so I had to change my meds. For me it was my hormones changing so much after having my first daughter, then when I had my second daughter my hormones corrected themselves so I didnt need the meds anymore.  I still have some weight issues but DH thinks im a hottie so im working on that lol.. Good Luck to you!

Nifer24
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 11:15 PM

There's nothing wrong with you! It's normal to lose some sex drive after having a baby. I agree with PP, you should talk with your dr about the way you're feeling. As for ideas, I remember a time when I was down. I had some Victoria Secret lotion lying around. When I got out the shower I put some on immediately. It smelled amazing. It made me happy and I looked forward to putting it on each night. DH really enjoyed it too. :)

autismommy2010
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Thank you ladies. I've been debating calling the Dr and I think I will in the morning. 

I also think I'll take the lotion advice I have some great smelling lotion from Bath and Body Works that DH and I both love.

Mommy_Burge
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 11:19 PM

your not alone.

it's been almost two years now since my son was born and i still dont have a sex drive...it's basically non-existent. nothing is wrong with.....your body goes through a lot of change after having a child.

talk to your doctor about the medicine. maybe they could switch it up a tad since you are no longer pregnant......that and PPD (i'm just guessing that might be why your are on anti-depressants so sorry if i'm wrong) can take a HUGE toll on you physically and mentally....well not can...DOES....i'd like to tell you that i have found a solution...but i haven't....i just try to have sex more often with my husband even if i'm not IN THE MOOD. i find that just having sex soemtimes gets my drive going...not for long....but for a little while.

GL momma

RutterMama
by on Feb. 23, 2011 at 11:27 PM
I am the same way!!!! It started before my son was born 4 years ago! I wish I could fix it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autismommy2010
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 1:33 AM

It's not PPD just chronic depression. I wasn't on them while I was pregnant because I was pretty happy the whole time and for the safety of the baby. I started on them again about a month after she was a born.

And thank you. I think that's what it's going to take at least for now.

Quoting Mommy_Burge:

your not alone.

it's been almost two years now since my son was born and i still dont have a sex drive...it's basically non-existent. nothing is wrong with.....your body goes through a lot of change after having a child.

talk to your doctor about the medicine. maybe they could switch it up a tad since you are no longer pregnant......that and PPD (i'm just guessing that might be why your are on anti-depressants so sorry if i'm wrong) can take a HUGE toll on you physically and mentally....well not can...DOES....i'd like to tell you that i have found a solution...but i haven't....i just try to have sex more often with my husband even if i'm not IN THE MOOD. i find that just having sex soemtimes gets my drive going...not for long....but for a little while.

GL momma

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Autumn Riley

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)