Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

The way we treat our husbands

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 12:14 AM
  • 20 Replies
That was the topic at bible study this week. Our homework was to try to be extra nice to our husbands this week, because marriages are really under attack right now. Anyway, just thought i'd share that I've really been trying this week to do extra things for him, like wash his clothes more often so he can wear his favorite jeans more, i have made dinner every night this week, which he loves, and i just try to text him that i love him more. Anyway, he is being different to me too :) he comes home with a movie i like, he texts me updating me when he's coming home, and he thanked me for a clean house everyday this week! I am learning marriage is something you have to work hard at, and you can't just not do anything because your marriage is "good enough." :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MzGreco
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 12:20 AM

When my husband comes home, I give him a really good hug every day.  And a nice kiss...  It helps our evening to go smoothly. The kids are all out of the house so it's just us.  I love the empty nest...

ae86mommy
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 12:21 AM
Aw :) well, we have a six month old, and i'm three and a half months pregnant, but we still have sex every night. I honestly think that helps our marriage a lot:)

Quoting MzGreco:

When my husband comes home, I give him a really good hug every day.  And a nice kiss...  It helps our evening to go smoothly. The kids are all out of the house so it's just us.  I love the empty nest...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MzGreco
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 12:23 AM

My DH is 60, we still shake the sheets, but not as often.  We do make out and cuddle just about every day. 

Quoting ae86mommy:

Aw :) well, we have a six month old, and i'm three and a half months pregnant, but we still have sex every night. I honestly think that helps our marriage a lot:)

Quoting MzGreco:

tyanneS
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 12:25 AM
I asked my DH what I could do to strangthen our marriage.. He told me he really liked that I let him go out with the guys the other day, and would like to twice a month. Humm I'm not sure how I feel about that! Haha i guess pregnant women are not that fun. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ae86mommy
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 12:27 AM
I feel ya there! Lol, it doesn't help that he has some of the worst friends! They always drink way too much, they encourage him to lie and stay out late :( but, if that's the only way to make your marriage stronger, i hope your husband has good friends :) lol

Quoting tyanneS:

I asked my DH what I could do to strangthen our marriage.. He told me he really liked that I let him go out with the guys the other day, and would like to twice a month. Humm I'm not sure how I feel about that! Haha i guess pregnant women are not that fun. :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3mommy3
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 12:33 AM

I love this!!!!! You made me giggle...Thank you, I needed it!!!

Quoting MzGreco:

My DH is 60, we still shake the sheets, but not as often.  We do make out and cuddle just about every day. 

Quoting ae86mommy:

Quoting MzGreco:

ae86mommy
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 12:36 AM
I couldn't help but giggle also :) i'm only 20, i'm allowed to be a little immature right? Lol

Quoting 3mommy3:

Quoting MzGreco:

Quoting ae86mommy:

Quoting MzGreco:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.shank.
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 12:37 AM

Whatever helps you bring you and your hubby closer is a good thing. I'm glad things are going well :)

3mommy3
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 12:38 AM

I agree. DH and I have been together 18 yrs and have three kids. Once we realized that we had to "make" time for each other, things just seemed to go a little smoother. We were always doing for the kids, dealing with work and everyday life...We just forgot to work on us. Now, we make sure we give each other, no less than 15 minutes every evening of, uninterrupted attention. It gives us time to connect and if circumstances allow, it is usually longer. We also call and text throughout the day, and do little things that are unexpected.

BTW...Our sermon Sunday was a/b marriage, as well.

3mommy3
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Absolutely!!!! lol

Quoting ae86mommy:

I couldn't help but giggle also :) i'm only 20, i'm allowed to be a little immature right? Lol

Quoting 3mommy3:

Quoting MzGreco:

My DH is 60, we still shake the sheets, but not as often. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)