Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

The way we treat our husbands

Posted by   + Show Post
That was the topic at bible study this week. Our homework was to try to be extra nice to our husbands this week, because marriages are really under attack right now. Anyway, just thought i'd share that I've really been trying this week to do extra things for him, like wash his clothes more often so he can wear his favorite jeans more, i have made dinner every night this week, which he loves, and i just try to text him that i love him more. Anyway, he is being different to me too :) he comes home with a movie i like, he texts me updating me when he's coming home, and he thanked me for a clean house everyday this week! I am learning marriage is something you have to work hard at, and you can't just not do anything because your marriage is "good enough." :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 12:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
TeamBecker
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 12:44 AM

It is really hard right now for us because DH took a year long position in PA and the kids and I had to stay behind in IL and I'm expectiong on top of that. He has gotten to the point where he is so home sick that it is actually making him physically sick.  Ifeel bad that there is not more I can do for him.

I text and send him emails all the time and send I love you videos from our babies. We try to skype as often as possible which is hard with his busy schedule. I have been trying to get the house really organized and clean so when he comes home for spring break he will feel good walking into a clean house.

He is really upset that he will most likley miss the birth of our daughter because she is due March 27th and he doesn't come home until May sometime. But maybe he will luck out and she will decide to come a few weeks early when he is home for spring break. lol.

MzGreco
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 12:45 AM

When the kids were home, we always had date night.  Twice a month, DH and I got dresssed up and went out for dinner, dancing, a movie, a drive... etc...  No matter what,  we always made time for eachother.  Now that we are older, we still have date night. 

The best thing I ever did for my marriage was the big kiss and hug every day.  I act like I haven't seen him in months and tell him how happy I am to see him...  It was also good for the kids to see us hugging every day too

ae86mommy
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 12:47 AM
Silvia's only 6 months but every time she sees us kissing, she smiles :) maybe coincidence, maybe not :)

Quoting MzGreco:

When the kids were home, we always had date night.  Twice a month, DH and I got dresssed up and went out for dinner, dancing, a movie, a drive... etc...  No matter what,  we always made time for eachother.  Now that we are older, we still have date night. 

The best thing I ever did for my marriage was the big kiss and hug every day.  I act like I haven't seen him in months and tell him how happy I am to see him...  It was also good for the kids to see us hugging every day too

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2011 at 1:10 AM

My problem is that i do sooooooo much already that for once I would like for him to put the extra effort rather than I continuing to have to do it.

RutterMama
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 11:25 AM
This is great insight!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsUski10
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I think that's a great idea, OP. It never hurts to be extra considerate to your SO/DH. I make sure to ask him if he needs a refill on his drink so he doesn't have to get up to do it himself. As simple as it sounds, I can tell he appreciates it not just by his thank you, but by the way he looks at me when I ask. He works 50-60hrs at a steel mill, so I like for him to relax as much as possible when he's home. I make sure I massage his back at least a couple of times a week, and I also run "his" errands when he's working so when he does get off work, he doesn't have to worry about them. I'm home more often anways, so it just makes sense :P And I text him frequently to say I love you and  just to let him know how lucky I feel to have him in my life!

sew4fun
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 1:30 PM

I am so glad for you ! Yes it is work, hard work but worth every second !!!!

CameronsMommy23
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 2:00 PM
I make him dinner, send him off to take a hot shower when he gets home from work, try to keep our home looking nice for him, try to always let him do the things that make him feel needed like putting stuff together or fixing things. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caydenmom08
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 2:05 PM

I agree it made me giggle to I thought it sweet

Quoting 3mommy3:

I love this!!!!! You made me giggle...Thank you, I needed it!!!

Quoting MzGreco:

My DH is 60, we still shake the sheets, but not as often.  We do make out and cuddle just about every day. 

Quoting ae86mommy:

Aw :) well, we have a six month old, and i'm three and a half months pregnant, but we still have sex every night. I honestly think that helps our marriage a lot:)

Quoting MzGreco:

When my husband comes home, I give him a really good hug every day.  And a nice kiss...  It helps our evening to go smoothly. The kids are all out of the house so it's just us.  I love the empty nest...

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2011 at 2:54 PM

This is so true, a pastor told us once that couples really need to have a date night once a week, heck we thought we were doing good twice a month, LOL :)

Quoting 3mommy3:

I agree. DH and I have been together 18 yrs and have three kids. Once we realized that we had to "make" time for each other, things just seemed to go a little smoother. We were always doing for the kids, dealing with work and everyday life...We just forgot to work on us. Now, we make sure we give each other, no less than 15 minutes every evening of, uninterrupted attention. It gives us time to connect and if circumstances allow, it is usually longer. We also call and text throughout the day, and do little things that are unexpected.

BTW...Our sermon Sunday was a/b marriage, as well.

It's not the home I love, but the life that is lived here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)