Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

marriage advice

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 9:47 AM
  • 18 Replies
I have been married almost 4 yrs now and I joined this group just to vent here and there and learn from others who have been married longer than I have.

What are some tips for making a successful marriage?? What do you do for your spouse and what does he do for you??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 9:49 AM

I think a lot of it is communicating to your spouse and trusting them. I know a lot of the women withint he group have had troubles with their DH in the past but I think a lot of it is being able to trust your DH over anyone else and letting him BE your BEST FRIEND! <3 Amber

Princess7777
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 9:50 AM

I do think communicating and both of you getting out what you need to.  It is important that both sides get all their feelings out and not hold anything in.

CameronsMommy23
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 9:51 AM
Thanks Ambular!! My hubs is definitely my best friend! I'm kinda sad every morning when he leaves for work and I even hate to sleep without him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryMom74
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 9:56 AM

COMMUNICATION!!!  Whether it's writing things in a letter or text or a nice long old fashion talk.  Little things can blow up into huge things.  For me it's the little things that he does that make my heart flutter.  He'll over to cook dinner and make my plate for me.  He'll text me just to say he loves me.  Sometimes I'll get his clothes out for him so he can sleep in alittle longer.  (I get up about an hour before everyone just for some me time.)  Treat him like you would want to be treated and the same goes for him.

jessmom27
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Communicating is the key. We help each other in any way we can. 

Eviesmommy
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 10:10 AM
Like the others have said, communication. I cannot stress to you how important it is to keep the lines of communication open. Lack of communication nearly killed my marriage 2 years ago. Now that we've learned from past mistakes, we're much more open and honest, and I do think that our marriage is stronger. Despite our problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-mrs.mamma-
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 10:31 AM

communication is huge.

you've got to tell each other what you want, not just expect them to know. and when they do something nice for you, appreciate them & let them know how much you enjoyed it!
talk about anything and everything--it's also important to keep the friendship alive, just as much as the romance!

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Haha you said Ambular! That made me giggle so hard.

Quoting CameronsMommy23:

Thanks Ambular!! My hubs is definitely my best friend! I'm kinda sad every morning when he leaves for work and I even hate to sleep without him!

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I think another thing is working out things even when you have a problem and disagree. I know my husband and I have a lot of problems when it comes to raising the boys. I'm more of a "hippie" if he allowed me too. He's more  laid back and doesn't care. He usually says do what you want but says no to certain things.

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2011 at 10:55 AM

My husband & I talk to eah other. We both trust each other. We work together to solve any problems we have

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)