Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage
I have been married almost 4 yrs now and I joined this group just to vent here and there and learn from others who have been married longer than I have.

What are some tips for making a successful marriage?? What do you do for your spouse and what does he do for you??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 9:47 AM
Replies (11-18):
lauriebash
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 10:59 AM

I honestly think I just found the right person. We didn't meet till we were 26, so we weren't too young. We did marry just a year after meeting, but we just knew it was right. We have been together over 20 years, and I wouldn't change a thing. We have no secrets. NONE. If you do something that you wouldn't want your husband to know about, then, DON'T DO IT! Just common sense things like that. Honesty is very important.

CameronsMommy23
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 1:49 PM
Thanks for responses! I know communication is key......anything else????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OhiogirlinCali
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Pick your battles....

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 24, 2011 at 3:19 PM

We are each other's best friend.  We lean on each other.  If I'm having problems with myself, the world, or with him..  I'll lean on him about it.  And he does the same with me.  We also find time to play.  Not sexually, but wrestle, joke, pick on each other.. all in good humor.  And we try really hard to remind ourselves that before we were husband and wife, before we were parents, we were friends.  The foundation of our marriage is friendship towards each other.  Communication is great, it's necessary.  And honesty [even when harsh] is a must.  And no matter what, we never let outside influences effect our lives, how we feel, or what we do.  We stand united against all odds.  We're a team.  :)

mommy2angel
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Communication and having fun together!

RutterMama
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I've been married for 8 years and not much of it has been easy at all. I'll let you know what changed my marriage, but is constant work...

My advice is this: Divorce is not an option. Marriage is work. Love is a choice, not a feeling. Remember these things, and you'll be ok!

armywifey1983
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Never keep things from eachother. If something is bothering you, or you suspect the same for your spouse, talk about it! Communication, respect and trust are the three biggest things that are needed in any relationship. Disagreements happen, you may not always see eye to eye on certain topics. But as long as you talk about whatever it is freely with eachother and come to some sort of mutual conclusion, you'll be ok.

CameronsMommy23
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 5:15 PM
Great responses ladies!! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)