Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

help with relationship.. any advice

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 5:01 PM
  • 5 Replies

Okay.. my hubby deployed Jan 1st and has been in country since Jan 20th...  In november as he was going back and forth before he left I had found a text from another woman..  I don't know if he really could have met up with her or not, but anyway.. after I freaked out he told me he wasn't sure if he was still in love with me anymore.  I don't know if anybody has gone through this or if this is normal predeployment issues but I am at a loss.  I have no friends that are going through this or anything.  I just wanted to know if this is more common than I have heard.  I am doing my best we still talk as much as possible and he basically said he isn't sure if doing the work in the relationship is worth it or not.  He's felt neglected the passed couple years-our life has been nuts and I do admit I did neglect him but I'm willing to work on everything and take responsibility for all that has happened things I have done or didn't do etc.  

Sorry this is long I would love help, advice, anything.. 

Thank you so much 

Meagan

by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 28, 2011 at 5:25 PM

I don't have any advice for you.  I'm sorry you're going through this.  [hugs]

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 5:37 PM
Im sorry that you are going through this. I wish you luck. I do know that when my brother deployed that hia gf and him had problems
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Serenity_Angel
by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I honestly don't know...have you thought about councelling?

wisegal
by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Sorry, that you are going through this.  From my experience, if he says he doesn't see the relationship as worth working on, even if you do,it is a lost battle.  That's what my soon to be ex said to me.  He said " I don't love you anymore and have no energy to put into our relationship."  We have been married for 19 years and have 3 kids, and now, he decides to tell me this.  If you want to fight for your marriage, do it with everything you have, just realize you are fighting an uphill battle if he isn't fighting for it with you, and you may not win.  My prayers are with you and I wish you the best.

Mom2Ladybug
by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 6:01 PM
Are all of his pals single? My DH's friend did this to his wife. Wanted to be like his pals. Eventually he missed her and came crawling back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN