Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

awww venting

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:10 PM
  • 11 Replies
Ok seriously I am the only one who cleans our house who cooks I do everything I am so sick of it I dnt mind cleaning but why the hell can'T DH pick up after his self like when he is done eating put his stuff n the sink when he makes eggs just leaves everything every where I am so sick of it and he complains that when we first married I didn't help out helloo I was 17 give me a freakin break that was along time ago now we r both older we don't live in an apartment ne more I want our house to look nice and be clean but its harder now im cleaning 1;000 + sqf by myself when the apartment was much smaller and not hard to keep clean the kids clean more than he does ugh
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NevadaSky
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Sorry - No help here.  It's my job to cook, to clean, to take care of the kids.  DH works very hard 6 days a week, he takes care of the lawn and garden, when he has the time - when he doesn't have the time - I do it.  Been married 33 yrs and it has worked just fine this way.  I was 18 and DH was 21 when we married.

ShannaBee
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:21 PM

You are singing my song! I am the only one who cooks and cleans and i get tired of it. My DH cannot pick up after himself to save his life, lol. I get so irritated! It's hard enough to find time to take a shower now that my DD has been born let alone clean house and pick up after him.

I nag. That's what I do! I tell him he needs to step up and help me out. Sometimes it helps but I constantly am reminding him about our "talk".

mmama0619
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:23 PM
I get a lil mad to when he don't put shit away or leaves the trash right next to the can, but I don't say any thing cuz he works n I don't, so the way I see it is, I ain't got nothing else to do! Maybe tell him how u feel.
andiecandie
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:28 PM
Quoting mmama0619:

I get a lil mad to when he don't put shit away or leaves the trash right next to the can, but I don't say any thing cuz he works n I don't, so the way I see it is, I ain't got nothing else to do! Maybe tell him how u feel.

Even if he works its still a partnership at least pick up after his self I get so mad cause I work part time monday tuesday and fridays and some saturdays I have thursday and wed off and am expected to clean cook take care kids go to dr appointments teacher confrences all he does is work that's it im greatfull for but really he has on job I have 2 or 3
RutterMama
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:28 PM

It's also my job to clean, cook & take care of house & home. Hubby works 60-90 hours a week, outside in the elements. HOWEVER... he DOES take out trash, pick up his dishes, empty the dishwasher etc. He understands that not one person should have to do it all. He also helps with the kids, yard and dog.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:31 PM

I will faint the day my husband cleans up after himself or helps with me with the house without an argument from me!    It's not hard to just take stuff to the sink, back to the fridge, in the laundry hamper [instead of NEXT TO it], put it in the trash, or hang it back up.  The simple concept of these things just elude him, seriously!  Hang in there, you're not the only one.  LOL

Armywife1998
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Im sorry that you are feeling under appreciated by Dh.  It is hard to get them to realize that you need a thank you sometimes and a little extra help.  Instead of nagging at Dh to help out maybe try saying Thank you for when he does help out.  I never realized how important it is to them (Dh's) to hear a thank you for whatever until this past year when Dh and I started having a lot of problems and some things where revealed.  Also, sit down with him, first< and discuss a chore board for you, him and the children.  We have one and it has helped out alot as well.  there are no rewards for doing what needs to be done but it helps to show if someone is behind and needs a little help. Example: I am pregnant  (23w 5d) and having a lot of complications. One of my chores on the board is laundry-sorting, washing, folding, hanging up, and ironing. Well last week i spent 2 days in the hospital trying to get my contractions to stop.  I told DD and Dh to not worry about my chores I would get them taken care of. When I came home all the laundry was done, they had done it for me. And Dh had taken care of DD's classroom pre-test day treat bags for me. When I asked y they did all that the reply I got was "because we saw it was up there to do and so we did it." Just idea.

I hope you can find some middle ground.

andiecandie
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:33 PM
Ugh and then like today was my day off and not only do I have to take care the kids get them ready plus my self I have to go to a parent teacher confrance then a dr appointment plus somehow clean my entire house every room is a mess except bathrooms cause I nagged and begged him for a week to clean them so he finally did and since he was off yesterday he made a bigger mess in my kitchen not to mention make dinner then have to clean up after 4 people affter dinner again and probably around 7 or 8 I will have a break and time to myself and tomorrow probably have to clean again on my other day off I dnt know how he expects me to do all this once we r pregnant we r trying for # 3 its unrealistic
amylovesnick07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:35 PM

I got really lucky and my husband helps me clean whatever I don't get done when he's at work. I'm preggo and had really bad morning sickness till lately and he won't let me lift a finger the moment he gets home. And I get a nice hot bath every night right now. But I get all the cleaning done I can and he doesn't have too much to do.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:38 PM

I'm sorry that your DH is not taking your feelings into consideration. Have you talked to him about it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)