Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Married two months

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:58 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi my name is Amanda I'm 25 and only been married 2 months but it feels like 20 years lol my husband and I moved from Baltimore MD to the west coast. It has been really hard on the both of us more me then him because I left my family and friends back home to make a life with him. I have two kids from a relationship before him and sometimes I feel like all my kids to is bug him I know he loves my kids and would do anything for them but sometimes I feel like he thinks he might of made a mistake by marrying me or even being with me. Our big problem is that I have my kids for 3 months and then there dad gets them for the same to then start school my kids are 3 and 2 i know then need time with there dad but my husband sometimes can make me feel bad about it. I went back home in Feb for my birthday I was only there 2 weeks and my husband said that things were going to be better with us when I get home before I left to go home for 2 weeks to get my kids and for my birthday all we did was fight and fight about stupid things he was always on the computer and would leave to pick up his son same time everyday. OK I want him to be a good dad to his kids and be there for them but when you leave for like 3 or 4 hours and come home jump right on the computer and doesn't even give me a hi honey kiss the love starts to die off right. well since I have been home for a week to day things have got a little better but I feel like things with him are going to go right back to the way then were. I just don't know what to do I love my husband but I don't know if he really is in love with me or is he just with me because I cook clean and for sex he says he loves me but how do you really know

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ShannaBee
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Welcome to the group.

I suggest finding a councelor who specializes with blended families. Blended family life is hard, I know, I'm a stepmom. Give your husband some time to adjust to his role as a stepfather.

Good luck I hope things get better.

RutterMama
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Welcome to the group! We're glad to have you.

I'm sorry, I wish I had some great advice for you. I can't imagine being in the situation that you are in. I guess I would just talk to him and be honest.

mmama0619
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:38 PM
Omg I would never, NEVER b with a man who had kids with another woman, I did once, my ex, turns out he was still sleeping with his kids mother, never again will I ever make that mistake, I feel like when a man has kids with another woman then it is so easy for him to get some from her cuz most likely she's not over him n will do any thing to get him back, I wasn't mad at her for still being with him, she's the one who told me, n well she wasn't the only one, I'm happy I left him, n I know how u feel bout thinking ur kids r bothering him, I have my son only difference is my sons father is no longer in my sons life, n I'm happy bout that, he calls like once every 4 months, but some times I feel like my son does bother my dh, but for the most part he plays with him n stuff, he would like to go out with out my son, just me n him, n sometimes my sons g pa, or aunt (on his fathers side) takes him for a weekend n that's good, but the way I see it is, ur dh new u had kids b4 he married u, so he shouldn't get upset bout it, he new what he was getting himself into n he still married u, try talking to him.
kermsgirlie
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:48 PM

I have been to Baltimore at Hopkins and personally anyplace is better than that city.I hated it.Ca. was a pretty big move.People are different there.I dont know....anyway you and him need to sit alone and have some chatting and adult things going on.You both need that time or it is going to fizzle.Goodluck out there...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)