Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dysfunctional Love = Real Love?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

My hubby and I had a very interesting conversation over dinner a few days ago about how "boring" our love life and marriage was. Of course we were joking about it, we are completely in love and happy with how blessed our lives have been. We are glad to say that although we are not perfect by any measure, we've managed to hold true to our vows, our respect for one another and our integrity. Unfortunately a lot of other couples around us have different views and opinions about what real love is. A lot of couples seem to believe that if you haven't gone through "the storm" than you aren't really in love. The storm in my opinion is actually nothing short of dysfunctional love. Just to give an example of what "the storm" is... I've had friends and family that have cheated, been cheated on, busted out car windows, slashed tires, break up and make up,given each other STD's, have had restraining orders against one another so on and so forth. Somehow in all that drama, they actually believe that all of these trials and conflicts have bonded them and made them stronger than couples who haven't dealt with this kind of extreme nonsense...

That is silly to me,that anyone would be ignorant enough to buy into that theory. Love doesn't and shouldn't hurt, you should not have to go through hell and back to prove you love somebody for real. Maybe it's just me, but I LOVE my healthy, boring, non abusive, free of infidelity and scandal marriage!~

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
nursesharon
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Wow....I don't think that is a healthy marriage either.....I have had issues w/my DH and some of the things he did to me and it didn't make me feel like our relationship was stronger!  It made me resent him and not trust him.  And I HATE that feeling...it's a very unsafe feeling.

RutterMama
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Amen girl!!! I love being boring too!!!

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Boring sounds pretty good to me right now.  Wow!

.Sugaree.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:42 PM
Exactly!! It's like ppl saying that cheating made their marriage stronger. Ummm wow if you need to go through somethig like that to fix your marriage or prove your love then what kind of marriage is that?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Sugaree.
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:42 PM
Exactly!! It's like ppl saying that cheating made their marriage stronger. Ummm wow if you need to go through somethig like that to fix your marriage or prove your love then what kind of marriage is that?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)