Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I Crazy Or Insane??

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:49 PM
  • 9 Replies

Am I just crazy or insane, for wanting a third child when my marriage is not as healthy as it should be? Part of me wants another child; but another part of me feels I should be content with just 2. After all, my older brother has 2 kids, my older sister has 2 kids, but my twin sister only has 1 child. But it seems like some of my friends  have been pregnant and/or have had a child within the past year. What's up with that? It seems to be going around! Unfortunately, my husband does NOT want another child. So I am torn!! What should I do??

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Summerlion1123
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Nothing wrong with WANTING more children. You certainly can't help that. However, you can help your actions and I would certainly at least wait if your relationship isn't as healthy as it should be. You should probably work on that first. That's just my opinion though.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I want a third child as well even though we are not on the healthiest of marriage road, but if so, it will not be for at least a year.  I always wanted 3 but my hubby is not so good when they are in the baby stage and missing out on his sleep.

he may change his mind.

RutterMama
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:54 PM
If it were me I would work on your marriage first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maybaby22
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:34 PM

My only advice is if you know your dh doesnt want another and you are already on shaky ground dont go against his wishes and have another.

Ladywithtwo
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:36 PM
My marriage was rough when we were trying for number 2. She didn't make things easier but she didn't make things harder either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:01 AM
There is nothing wrong with wanting more children but having a child in an already weak marriage is unhealthy and a setup for disaster especially if one spouse does not want another. Work on your marriage before thinking of more children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel20
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:04 AM

nothing wrong with wanting another child but wait til your marriage is in a healthier place

Mari6443
by on Mar. 7, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Thanks, everyone for your tips! I really appreciate your thoughts, advice and feedback. I will keep them in mind. Right now the most important things in my life are my kids and to have my marriage improve. It's difficult, but I'm trying to hang in there. Thanks, again! :-)

Mommy_Kassi
by on Mar. 8, 2011 at 1:23 AM

nothing wrong with wanting another baby, but its both of your decision. gotta make it together

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)