Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is your dh flirty?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 4:15 AM
  • 21 Replies

Does your dh flirt with other women? does it bother you? before dh & I got together hes always been flirty without trying to be. he thinks hes just playing... but i know women see it differently. hes also the type of guy that doesnt like hurting womens feelings. heres an example.

we have a friend (girl). I knew he knew her longer than me & they dated for a week when they were like 13 yrs old. Dh is now 27. Anyways we became friends 3 years ago. Well last month she told dh that she still had feelings for him and she kept calling him babe and saying that he was hers. dh didnt want to hurt her feelings so he didnt tell her to stop calling him babe. so she kept at it. dh told me, but why do i have to be the one to tell her to stop? i mean, i didnt have a problem telling her to f*** off, but he should have been the one to tell her that he was happily married and she shouldnt call him babe. of course after i told her something DH then told her not to talk to him anymore and blocked her. I wish he wouldnt care how other girls feel. he should only be caring about how I feel. We talked and he understands what Im saying. So we're good for now.

by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 4:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaylaird
by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 4:19 AM

At least he is coming to you with these things. So at some level, he does respect you.

Keep telling him that he's going to have to take the big plunge and tell these types of women that their behavior is not acceptable. I think he'll eventually be more comfortable doing it.

lilmomma_1205
by Member on Mar. 19, 2011 at 4:24 AM

He is so a flirter!! Always has been. Most of the time he doesn't even notice it. He will even flirt with girls in the drive thru without even trying to. I am not a jealous person so it doesn't bother me. I know that he is in our bed every night & would never cheat on me. =)

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2011 at 5:03 AM
My DH flirts without really knowing it. He thinks he's just being nice, and like your DH he doesn't like to hurt these womens feelings and thinks he's letting them down easily. It doesn't bother me, though we did have some crazy ass chick start stalking me and lying to him planting more and more seeds if mistrust. It actually took me calling the police and them running her off from my house 3 or 4 times before she finally got the picture and started staying away. That still didn't stop her from having her husband leave me nasty messages, faking my email and herassing HERSELF, and sending my husband naked photos through email and text message. Even after all of that my DH didn't "grow a pair" and tell her to leave me and our family alone. And one day she just gave up.

Sorry about that, it's still a sore subject because I'm always looking over my shoulder and peeking through my windows.

Back to the question now, even after ALL that it still doesn't bother me when he flirts, but now if something about a person doesn't feel right I tell him and he will tell them they can no longer talk and ends things as easily and cleanly as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmama0619
by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 8:18 AM
Men r so stupid, I feel like my dh is the same way, n it pisses me off to no end, I tell him, it's not that hard to ignore other woman n not talk to em, I mean I ignore other men all the time, I never talk with other men out of respect for my dh, but he can't see it my way, pissin me off
Double.L
by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 8:27 AM

No he isn't a flirt. I didn't even no he liked me for years before he made his move. I think *some* women get so used to male attention and flirting because so many guys do it, that it actually bothers them when a guy doesn't. There have been friends, other wives etc that have asked me or there husbands if/why my husband doesn't like them and it always baffels  me. Just because he doesn't flirt/give you a lot of attention doesn't mean he doesn't like you. Anyway, I'm glad he isn't a flirt because I am jealous. He is too, so I make sure I don't flirt either. I am more of a natural flirt than him, but I don't because I know he feels it's disrespectful.

He's my star....and I'm his sky....

Eviesmommy
by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Yeah, he's very flirty. Doesn't bother me. I'm a flirty person too. And neither of us are the jealous type.

But in your situation, I'm afraid I'd knock the girl's head off her shoulders. There's a difference between flirting and disrespect. And that girl was just plain disrespectful towards you.

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 9:41 AM
Nope my dh isn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2011 at 9:52 AM
He always has been, it doesn't bother me because I know he is faithful and loves me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2011 at 10:29 AM
My DH flirts. He doesn't really notice when he does it though because it's just a reaction to an attractive woman, but I laugh my head off at him. He's like a rooster in the hen house and if you know my husband that's just not him at all...lol It doesn't bother me at all. I'm a huge flirt too. I know he wouldn't cross that line as he know I wouldn't either. It's just fun and it feels good to know someone find us attractive. We have no problem telling someone else we're married and not interested.
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2011 at 10:33 AM
He really isn't a flirt but a couple times I've caught him flirting and it makes me mad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)