Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

i cant take this any more.....

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 7:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

ok so my hubby has been in an impatient treatment for 2 months now i talk to him every day well last week tus he went to the dr and they told him he has staff(i don't know how its spelled) infection so they gave him some meds and sent him home well it has been getting better but today they told me he has been sleeping all day and has not even gotten uup to smoke they tried to wake him (or so they said) and they cant im worried this is not like my hubby to sleep this long! i would drive there but its to far away and im haveing bad morning sickness so it would not be a fun drive i dont know what to do and im ready to scream right now! yelling at the staff is not getting me any were what would you do

by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Kim12574
by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 8:00 PM

In patient facility for what? He had to have been there for something other than a staph infection. Actually staph infections are pretty common and treated with antibiotics. Now dont get me wrong, some are more serious such as MRSA. Antibiotics usually dont make you fatigued, are they giving him pain meds? Yes you are right, you need to know. I would call them back, demand to speak to the charge nurse and have her give you a complete run down on his medical condition. Good luck and keep us posted.

Kevinswifey1217
by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 8:02 PM

oh he is in there for drugs it was that or i left! and he did not want to lose me or the baby and yes they put him on a pain med but it should not make him sleep all day

Kim12574
by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Well good for him! Perhaps he is sleeping due to withdraw from the drugs. I know that happens. They usually have highs and lows with their treatment. Perhaps he is being given meds to help like Methadone? If so, that may be the cause. Many reasons why he may be sleeping but know that he is in a controlled environment and I bet they are monitoring him closely. If you think about it, we all get days where we wanna sleep allday. It could be something as simple as just not feeling well. Did you call the charge nurse?

Kimmie

Kevinswifey1217
by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 8:13 PM

i did but she is not in they told me that she will call me in the morning but my mother in law is not happy she called and got her cell number

shortiekid
by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 8:18 PM

since he is detoxing he can go threw sleeping spells.. its the only way for his body to get rid of the toxins. i would say let him sleep... if he isnt able to wake after 24 hrs then thats when i would worrie...it sucks since you can not go in to visit him...

Kim12574
by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 8:27 PM

There is ALWAYS a charge nurse or supervisor on hand. Its policy. His own personal nurse should be able to take your call as well. I would def be making a complaint in the morning. You can also complain to his attending physician.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)