Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally Happy Again :D

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:22 PM
  • 12 Replies

Me and DH have been struggling to be happy since...well since a little before our son was born. Things just were messy. We fought constantly. Yelling, screaming, always pissed at one another.

Then after DS my sex drive plumetted and that took our relationship to a whole new low. :( I knew that it was bad...i knew that sex was/is an important part of our relationship as husband and wife but the whole drive for it on my end was just gone. and it seriously damaged our marriage and DHs self esteem. :(

Well....we got into a HUGE arguement about...2 months ago....and i was honestly about to leave, we had talked and decided it was best if i did....but for some reason I didn't .....we talked again and i stayed. we made a promise to each other that we'd stop fighting, stop irritating each other and i made a promise that we'd start having sex more often....i never thought it would honestly work...i thought that whole thing was just biding time...BUT

It worked!!! :D

we've had a couple of little spats in the past couple of months but we are doing great! :D we are happy again! we laugh and joke together again like we did when we were just dating. we ahve sex mroe often, we try to once a day but sometimes it's every other day and now it's just a weird schedule sine i'm pregnant and my body is all...wonky...LOL... but we are having sex wayyyy more often and it's amazing!! my sex drive has actually improved a bit :D DH is also taking the time to "take care of me" too quite often and thats just...well....AWESOME!!! :D

I am LOVING this newfound.....amazing-ness to our marriage!!! :D

and we also found out that we are expecting baby #2 sometime in November....we are planning on buying a house (having one built) by the time the baby comes....and everything is just great. I'm so happy that we are finally back on track :D

thanks for reading.....i just wanting to tell someone how happy i was!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dovealove40
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:25 PM

It's wonderful to hear you and DH found happiness again...enjoy it.

LizardAgent
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:27 PM

YAY! That's awesome that you gave it another shot and really tried at it; a lot of people just quit and I'm really glad to see someone who tried to persevere. Keep it good!

Mommy_Burge
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:27 PM

I will :D thank you!

Quoting Dovealove40:

It's wonderful to hear you and DH found happiness again...enjoy it.

Serenity7
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Thats awesome

Mommy_Burge
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:34 PM

My mother always asks me why I stay....she's been divorced a few times....and i always say (though she never gets it LOL) that I'm one of those people that likes to try and preserve some integrity to marriage....i know there are some things that are just...unforgivable like abuse and such...but nothing like that happened with us...and I wasn't about to give up that easily on us. :D

Quoting LizardAgent:

YAY! That's awesome that you gave it another shot and really tried at it; a lot of people just quit and I'm really glad to see someone who tried to persevere. Keep it good!

kaismama1006
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:38 PM
That great. Here's one of my fave quotes...."marriage is falling in love over and over again, always with the same person" I don't know who wrote it but love it......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RosieJosey
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:41 PM

sounds like you two are new to marriage and family life.

your hormones are affected as you must have seen during pregnancy... then after a new baby, your pre-baby schedule is totally affected.... no more, to be clear. and of course your wouldn't have the desire to have sex... a baby is a 24/7 high intensity job. there are plenty of books you can read and prep..both of you as what can be expected after the mariage dynamic changed........ wait, let me guess, like many psople you two read baby books but not so much about how things can change for the adults after a new member of the family arrived.

and here you are, baby #2 is on the way. so you've been to the rodeo once so far. put your experience to work on this one, know what to expect. instead of fighting, strive to gain insight and find and treat root cause. You two are still growing and maturing, now you've brought another human being into the mix, this intensify things and you two are learning double life lessons here in a hurry.

Life is a marathon. Marriage and family is a triple marathon ran simultaneously. I've been married for 30+ years and looking at the generations today I wouldn't recommend marriage.... most people simply don't have what it take to run this marathon.  And the kids are the innocent casualty of divorce.    

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Yay!  Congrats.  

suark
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:51 PM

I am happy for you! Congratulations.

katieclaude
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:52 PM
I'm so happy for you! Congrats!!! =)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)