Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies after marriage

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:04 PM
  • 18 Replies

How did having a baby effect your marriage? 

wedding websites

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rHOPEb
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:12 PM

It is definitely something to not take lightly!  It was something we discussed off and on during our entire marriage.  We had even touched on it while dating.  Communication is very important and agreeing BEFORE hand!  There are still things we are learning.  :)  It did not change our marriage for the bad at all, but it does change the whole house dynamics.  Bed time and intamicy and dinner and things like that.  We can't just leave at 7pm and go get groceries if we feel like any more.  We can't just up and leave whenever.  We have to make sure we pack a bag for DD and make sure she is fed and home for bath and bed time.  So, there is so much to think and consider.  We have to cancel plans if DD is sick and things like that.  Of course, you are never really 'financially' ready to have a child, but you do find a way.  Its really neat how things change, but its all WONDERUL!!!!!!!!!!!  :D  I would never change a thing!

Cabbage82
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:20 PM

We argued over who turn it was to feed or change the baby. What the guys don't understand that being a mother and a wife is a full time job to.

Sweetheart08
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:34 PM

nothing really changed. actually I was prego when we gotten married. So when my dd got here it was cool plus I had ason prior to the relationship. So nothing really changed except when we are working we barely see each other. But we love every moment that we spend to gether.

.Sugaree.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:35 PM
Made him get more serious about being a family man
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilKimme25
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:38 PM

It has brought us to a whole new communication level but sometimes i think my husband forgets about us as a couple and life has become just about work and the kids

CarrieZack
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:03 PM

It has definitely made things a lot harder for me. The exhaustion and the throwing your old habits out the window and trying to figure out how everything fits in hit me hard. Switching back to lover mode from mom round the clock mode was the hardest thing I've had to deal with. My body felt like it was no longer my own. Relaxation took forever--even when exhausted my pulse was racing. It took over two years to start feeling like things are more normal again. My poor husband thought I didn't desire him anymore.

LondonsMomma84
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:05 PM

It made us closer, more in love, changed our priorities in a good way, and made us wish we would have had children sooner...

It's been an amazing thing for us. 

My pride and joy, the light of my life--London Chadwick

\

cassielc84
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:32 PM

You cant make love when you want. Your time isnt spent on your DH alone. You have to make time for each other. With our first it was a HUGE transition. Because we were so used to doing everything together. When we had our twins last year if wasnt so bad because we were used to it.. All I can say is if you are ready to let go of some time with each other.. then thats great. DH and I were married a week and surprise Im pregnant with oldest DD. But we wouldnt change a thing if we could. It was the seal saying this is it.. 

cassielc84
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:36 PM

I guess it has us too! I mean yeah it was life changing but it wasnt horrorfying. LOL I can truly say that we do seem more closer than before. Ive become more dependent on him. Like I NEED him more than I used to. I was so independent before. I also have learned to do a lot by myself like take all 3 kids out shopping and such. Before I would of been scared to death to even attept it. LOL 

Quoting LondonsMomma84:

It made us closer, more in love, changed our priorities in a good way, and made us wish we would have had children sooner...

It's been an amazing thing for us. 

ShannaBee
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:42 PM

It hasn't really affected us. We still squabble time to time. We still cuddle. We still love each other. He still aggravates me. Same as usual!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)