Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Should married men go to sleezy bachelor parties?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:28 AM
  • 120 Replies

Hi folks, I used to post here a lot a few years ago about my mother and sister in law issues and I always remember that everyone from all walks gave good perspectives on life. 

My husbands friend is getting married later this year and I am certain that he is going to have a wild bachelor party.  I know it will be excessive drinking and I know there will be strippers there because the best friends planning the party are like that.

I do not believe in bachelor parties, there is no 'last night of freedom' if you feel like you need a night to bang hookers or watch 1/2 naked or naked women grind all over you then you ma not be ready to get married anyway.  My hubby did not have a bachelor party and he's never made it an issue, but all of a sudden he is so ready to go to this one?? 

I may be a square or whathave you but I just can not see any valid reason to have your husband at a party yukking it up with strippers and as the alcohol flows so do good sense and inhibitions and I just figure, why even go there?

A friend of mine says it is a trust issue with me (I agree) but my husband gives me little to no drama, I've never had a woman call me or had a reason to call another woman, I am quite comfortable in my marriage and more than a trust issue, I find it to be more of an appropriate vs inappropriate issue with me above trust/distrust. 

Like the visual of it, my husband, married man, father of my children drooling and letting some sleeze stripper dance all over the place.  Not to mention any tips he would give them ...What is right about that?

by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mmama0619
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:34 AM
I agree with u, I wouldn't let my dh go at all, I wouldn't care how mad he would get at me, I'm his wife n if I'm not comfortable with it then he should respect me n my feelings on it n not go.
jennwyse
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:35 AM

The parties personally don't bother me. I threw a bachelorette party for my sister and we did go to a male strip club. No one slept with anyone outside of marriage and it was just good fun.

lisakansas
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:35 AM

I would say, nope.  There, that was easy. :)

RheaF
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it depends on the couple honestly. Some are ok with that, and some are not. As far as DH goes, we share the same values and morals. He would not go to a bachelor party if they have strippers, or go to a club, or place like Hooters. He has left bachelor parties before because of that.

For us, it is not a trust issue. It has nothing to do with any insecurity.

Mikeybsmom2006
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:38 AM

I disagree, it is maybe 1 time about every three years or so that DH goes to a bachelor party. I trust DH so at the end of the night I know he's coming home to me.

BV88
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't care what other married men do...but MY husband wont be going to any bachelor parties held at a strip club. He doesn't need to waste money on a stripper, he needs to pay bills lol. And plus he thinks they are all slutty crack whores with daddy issues lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Never mind it being about trust right now. If he's not typically like this, and now he seems to be all over it....what is that about? I would wonder what he feels is lacking within himself to feel the need to do this. I wouldn't be thinking about trust....I would be thinking of what does it mean when someone does something so out of character. 

mmama0619
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:40 AM
Quoting jennwyse:

The parties personally don't bother me. I threw a bachelorette party for my sister and we did go to a male strip club. No one slept with anyone outside of marriage and it was just good fun.

Of course cuz woman don't feel the need to watch naked men, we don't get as turned on by that then men do, men like to watch naked woman n if they get a chance to sleep with a striper then they just mite do it, woman have more respect, in my opinion.
MommyHurt
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:40 AM

damn you sound like a prude..maybe thats why he can't wait to go!!

RheaF
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Quoting EireLass:

Never mind it being about trust right now. If he's not typically like this, and now he seems to be all over it....what is that about? I would wonder what he feels is lacking within himself to feel the need to do this. I wouldn't be thinking about trust....I would be thinking of what does it mean when someone does something so out of character. 

I agree with this too. How old is he, and how old are these friends?

Also Ladies, I don't think there is any need to name call here. Try and keep it civil, everyone is different, and everyone has different relationship dynamics. Now need to bash that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN