Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

50 yr Anniversary!!

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2011 at 10:45 PM
  • 13 Replies

So this weekend my Grandparents are celebrating there 50th Anniversary party!! Saturday they have been married 50 wonderful years!!! Isn't that amazing!!! Can you imagine your Hubby and you in 50 yrs??? How many more years do you have until then? How old will you be??

A little info and pictures!!! My Grandmother got pregnant at 15 yrs old by a jackass of a guy. (Can't remember for sure...but I believe they actually married) She delivered my father via c-section b/c he was coming out butt first. She delivered her second child about 10 months later (My Aunt Robin) She got away from the abusive drunk (whom I have never meant but refuse to call my Grandfather) When she meant my Grandfather she was 18. He was in the Navy. She meant him one day and the next he was gone a month. When he returned they got engaged and he was gone for another 3 months and then they were married the 3rd time he came back on land! It was a quick union and he adopted my father and Aunt! He raised them as his own! They eventually added two more children to their family (my Aunt Danielle and Uncle Todd) 50 yrs later they are still happily married!! My Grandfather has always been my best friend and he has always treated me as if I was biologically his!!

Here are some old pics of them and my father and aunts and uncle!

There wedding day! (They are on the left)

These are more recent photos!

I am a 24 yr old Mommy to two boys Xavier O'Neal Age5 Malachi O'Mari Age 2 and one baby girl Laylah-Marie Elizabeth (7mn)! I have been married to my wonderful Husband, Quentin, for 6 yrs and our children are our life! I am truely blessed!                                             

by on Mar. 31, 2011 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 31, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Thats awesome!! Nice pics!! Congrats to them&your fam!! My grandparents 65yrs&my parents 42yrs(my dad passed away last yr).Me&DH look forward to 50yrs&beyond! I'll have to do the math on the age we'll be at 50yr anniv!

NoraDun
by on Mar. 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM

My Hubby and I have been married  7 years as of September 18!  So is 43 yrs we will of been married 50 yrs and I have no doubt Lord willing we will make it to see that day!! If we live to see that day I will be 68 and Hubby will be 71!!

CameronsMommy23
by on Mar. 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM
Awwwww what a sweet story!! I hope we're all lucky enough to make it to 50 yrs! Happy Anniversary to them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eeyoreplus4
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 12:24 AM

How fantastic!!! My parents were only married 35 years before my daddy passed, but I know had his health held out it would have been so much longer.

I love seeing marriages that have lasted through so many years because we all know they weren't always easy ones.

CONGRATULATIONS to your grandparents!!!!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 1, 2011 at 2:44 AM

Congrats to them!

Gchborthwick
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 7:58 AM

That is wonderful.  I will be 76 and my husband will be 79 when we make it to our 50 year anniversary, god willing :)

NevadaSky
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Congrats to your grandparents!!!!!!

We're not to far behind them.... We will be celebrating our 33rd this year.  I will be 68  and DH will be 71 when we celebrate our 50th.

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Oh wow that's amazing such a wonderful story. Something similar happened to my nanny but she had four kids and my grandpa knew my papa (the abusive drunk) and kicked his butt in front of everyone on base (they were airforce).

I will be 74 years old when we are married 50 years. I couldn't imagine my life without him so I do hope we go that long. I love my husband so much and he's my best friend.

NoraDun
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 10:20 PM

BUMP!

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2011 at 10:35 PM

this pic is super cute!

DH's grandparents just celebrated their 60TH!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN