Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

So this weekend my Grandparents are celebrating there 50th Anniversary party!! Saturday they have been married 50 wonderful years!!! Isn't that amazing!!! Can you imagine your Hubby and you in 50 yrs??? How many more years do you have until then? How old will you be??

A little info and pictures!!! My Grandmother got pregnant at 15 yrs old by a jackass of a guy. (Can't remember for sure...but I believe they actually married) She delivered my father via c-section b/c he was coming out butt first. She delivered her second child about 10 months later (My Aunt Robin) She got away from the abusive drunk (whom I have never meant but refuse to call my Grandfather) When she meant my Grandfather she was 18. He was in the Navy. She meant him one day and the next he was gone a month. When he returned they got engaged and he was gone for another 3 months and then they were married the 3rd time he came back on land! It was a quick union and he adopted my father and Aunt! He raised them as his own! They eventually added two more children to their family (my Aunt Danielle and Uncle Todd) 50 yrs later they are still happily married!! My Grandfather has always been my best friend and he has always treated me as if I was biologically his!!

Here are some old pics of them and my father and aunts and uncle!

There wedding day! (They are on the left)

These are more recent photos!

I am a 24 yr old Mommy to two boys Xavier O'Neal Age5 Malachi O'Mari Age 2 and one baby girl Laylah-Marie Elizabeth (7mn)! I have been married to my wonderful Husband, Quentin, for 6 yrs and our children are our life! I am truely blessed!                                             

by on Mar. 31, 2011 at 10:45 PM
Replies (11-13):
ShannaBee
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 11:28 PM

How cool! My grandparent's are about to celebrate theirs, I think 48th. Somewhere in there.

victoriaherring
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 11:33 PM

aww. I love stories like this! My grandparent's celebrated their 50th anniversary right before I got married. My grandfather even gave me his original wedding band. My grandma was 16 when they got married, my grandfather was 17 I believe. The eloped and she got pregnant on their wedding night! I love hearing them talk about when they were in high school together and eloping.

so1986
by on Apr. 1, 2011 at 11:34 PM
Congratulations! My grandparents are celebrating 50 years this year as well. My husband and I have 47 years to go. He will be 91 and I will be 71.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN