Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM's

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:00 PM
  • 50 Replies

What does your husband do? Are you able to stay home easily on his income or do you have to make sacrifices to do it (and what are they)?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Timothys_Grl
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:03 PM
My dh works at a coal mine.(no under coal mining, all up mining) he makes pretty good money, I am a sahm, but we've bn struggling a lot latley, living with my parents, & older brother is really taking a strain on us, & at times, our relationship. But, yes, I'm a sahm.
ShannaBee
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:15 PM
Mine makes hydraulic parts for tractors. We live comfortably but we budget too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ABeautifulLie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:27 PM

My husband is in the Army. We live comfortably on his paycheck and the only thing we sacrificed was having every single channel on our satallite. We also don't get to run around spending freely like we could when we were duel military. We are on a budget and we generally stick to it. Our budget allows for bills to be paid, and fun to be had on the weekends.

NevadaSky
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:48 PM

My DH is a Journeyman Diesel Mechanic/Crane Operator.  We have what we need - occasionally there have had to be sacrifices, but nothing that we couldn't live without.

CANDYLC
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:53 PM

My hubby owns his own construction company and makes good money. He doesn't want me to work. I have been a sahm since 1998 when I got pregnant with our first child. I don't feel like I/we sacrifice anything by me being a sahm

ryansmommy07
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:58 PM
My husbands a long haul trucker. He was a construction foreman before but was laid off. We have to make some sacrifies for right now since he just started 2 months ago, but soon enough it'll be fine !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeresaM35
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:12 PM

My husband works for the water depart for Long Creek. My husband wants me to stay home with our daughter. We don't get to go out to eat. We had to cut are cable down to just the basic. But cable keeps going up. My husband is a hunter. So we eat a lot of deer meat too. So I am not buying a lot of meat at the store. But he did give me the best gift of letting me stay home and raise our daughter. Because I worked and missed so much with my 2 older boys. :) Best of luck with what you do.....

jrsmom333
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:18 PM
I love staying home with our son and my hubby works hard to make sure i can. He is a store manager for att...he has been promoted four times since he started there and he plans to keep moving up. We have a nice home, a lil extra money to spend and our bills are paid. We are all very happy with my decision to stay home :))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygirlsofmine
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:21 PM

My husband is an officer in the Army. We have two kids and live very comfortably.  I've been a SAHM for 7 years.  We're able to save and build for retirement. We don't live above our means or try to keep up with the Jones which is why I think we are able to enjoy this this stage of our life. It's been a great blessing and I don't take being a SAHM for granted.

kmencl3210
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:24 PM

my hubbys in the army, and currently were living pretty comfortably on his paycheck, there were times we did struggle but managed to pull our way through it... ive been thinking of working some when he gets home but he says he doesnt want me to and says i dont need to... but i think in the long run itll help us since we have no idea what he's going to do when he gets out...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)