Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The up's,downs, bumps and hills of soulmates (DixieFlower's Love Diary)

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:37 PM
  • 1 Replies

DH and I first dated when we were 15. (I was 15 he was 14) We broke up when I was 16 (he got a computer for Christmas and spent more time with it than me. Well our paths crossed again when I was 21. (I'd just caught my then fiance cheating on me and broke up with him a few months before) We dated for a few months then DH fell off the face of the earth. Well when we started dating again when I was 28 I found out that he'd gotten in some trouble which is why he'd fallen off the face of the earth (DUI issues). Well we started dating again. He proposed to me Feb 10 2006. We planned on getting married March 21, 2007 however, his grandparents were not doing well health wise so we moved the date to August 21, 2006. We had our first son Feb 13, 2009 and we just had our second son Oct 24, 2010. :)

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
DixieFlower
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 9:45 PM

4/24/11

Today is supposed to be such a joyous day. It's Easter and Evan's half birthday. However, it has ended with DH going to his parents and me in tears. DH is bi polar and his medications help him wonderfully. However, I can always tell when he's not been taking his medication. He gets to a point where he thinks "oh I don't need the meds anymore" "I can control this". Then he starts cycling. He rapid cycles and will go from manic to depressed in no time. Today it got to the point where I had to ask him to leave because I just saw that he would be escalating to something that is not good for this living situation. He had been up with the baby since about 4am and was very tired so I told him he was going to need to ask his parents to come and get him because I didn't feel comfortable with him driving. So they came, his mom drove his car to their house. He asked me when he could come back. I told him that after he was back on his medication like he should be for a week then we would discuss it. I can't risk him possibly getting out of control here. This is not only my job but it's also my home. I don't need to be jobless and homeless with two children because he doesn't take his medication. This just hurts so much. Before he left he told me "you love your job more than me"  Which is the furthest thing from the truth. However, we have no place to go if I don't have this job. He just doesn't quite grasp that. He called a few minutes ago to apologize and asked me if he really is all that different when he's on his meds. I told him yes he is. Tomorrow he has to take his dad in for a medical procedure. When he's done he's going to come by so we can do Evan's cake and stuff. I'm positive this will work out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)