Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

husband that don't introduce you

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 8:52 PM
  • 15 Replies

So I have a question...would you be upset if your husband ran into someone he knew while with you and didn't introduce you as his wife????

We were out with friends this past Saturday night celebrating our friends up coming wedding. Well another couple came and I didn't know who they were but he continued to talk to them and never said anything about me and I was standing there!!! I confronted him after we got home and he gave me some DUMB excuse saying he had seen them in forever and he don't hang out with them regularly so he seen no point in saying this is my wife. I'm confused and wondering if I should let it go???? what would you do?????

by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suark
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 8:54 PM

That is a dumb reason. My hubby forgets peoples names and I have learned this so I will introduce myself.

gina4
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 8:56 PM

My DH has done this to me in the past, and either the people will introduce themselves or I may introduce myself eventually... I understand how you feel though.. tell him it bugs you and even though he doesn't see them often it would be nice for him to acknowledge you as his wife..

Soulmate-2-R
by Member on Apr. 25, 2011 at 8:57 PM

i dont know...my dh always introduces me as his wife....hell...he was introducing me well before we got married as his soon to be wife....so i guess i dont understand...but it would bug me and i would definitely let him know about it.

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2011 at 8:59 PM

When we are out my hubby always runs into people he knows because of his job. I usually keep walking and doing what I'm doing. I almost never get introduced mostly because I walk away, but I couldn't care less. I don't want to stand there and listen to boring man chitchat.

cassielc84
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 9:05 PM

It wouldnt bother me.. but Im the type that will go up and say Hi my name is Cassie .. then my husband would be like yeah this is my wife. LOL But he normally introduces me.. like honey this is whoever then whoever this is Cassie my wife.

Tiffany0710
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 9:19 PM

I did eventually introduce myself lol...especially since the other guys girlfriend was standing there like I was listening to them chat

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2011 at 9:21 PM

DH never introduces me to people he knows unless it's someone he wants me hanging out with as well or is good friends with.  Then again, most of the time he doesn't know his "buddies" names...lol

nikihamm
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 9:23 PM

yes very upset,  but you pretty much have to let it go. if it would have been a single women then that would be a whole different ballgame!!!

countrygirlkat
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 9:35 PM

I would let it go.  It isn't like he was talking to some single female and didn't introduce you.  He probably just forgot in the moment and it isn't a big deal.  If you let little things like this bug you then the marriage will end up in a lot of fights.  Now, if he never introduces you to anybody and starts to not want you coming along then worry.

jenn3aoj
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 9:39 PM

My husband is a total airhead, so yes this happens to me all the time.  I don't worry about it because he is really bad with names and half the time when we're talking to people we do know when they walk away he asks me who it was. So he may not introduce me because he doesn't want to get their names wrong lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN