Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Better Communication Day 20: Watch Your Nonverbal Communication

Posted by   + Show Post

Sometimes we communicate as much with what we don't say as with what we do.

Your activity for May 21 is: Watch Your Nonverbal Communication. Your body language can help set the right tone for your conversations with your partner and show him that you care about what he has to say. Indicate that you're paying attention to what he's saying by focusing on him. Don't give into distractions like doodling, looking at the clock, writing notes to yourself, or cleaning up while you talk.

Look at him while you're talking, and nod in response to what he says to show that you're listening and that you understand what he's talking about.

Do you need to work on your body language when you communicate with your SO? Tell us what you plan to change in the replies below!

Plus, if you missed yesterday's tough conversation topic, you can find it here.

by on May. 20, 2011 at 5:08 PM
Replies (41-45):
Desiree9
by on May. 24, 2011 at 12:15 AM
We usually talk when its bedtime and the kids are gone to bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChanelWilliams
by on May. 24, 2011 at 6:57 AM

I am good at looking a him when he is talking to me, unless we are sitting in the car when i am driving, kinda hard to look at him and drive, or when i am crying I won't look at him much.

beth129
by on May. 27, 2011 at 5:08 PM

I tend to not look at him when we argue I just walk away but when we do talk we seem to have good body language.

TexasWife
by on May. 29, 2011 at 12:50 AM

My husband does. Sometimes he nods just to make it look like he is listening. Ususally then I just quit talking. That is when he isn't interested.

m.u.m.
by on May. 31, 2011 at 9:52 AM

this is something I need to focus on! We really don't argue often.Most of the arguments are due to a lte meal and his blood sugaar is low,lol! I have to remember this one though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)