• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our 1 year anniversary tomorrow!!!!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:42 AM
  • 7 Replies

So I am always looking for advice in any way.  Tomorrow my husband and I will be married for 1 year...I have been told if you get past the first year youre good, I also have been told the first 5 years are the roughest.  We have been together 5 1/2 years and we have 2 children.  We have definitley had our issues and still changing to make our relationship better.  I love him with all my heart and our kids and him are my everything.  Does anyone have any advice on marriage? What would you say the toughest part about being married it? and How would you make your relationship grow to become better and stay happy for as long as some people do??? whats the SECRET...lol

Just thought I'd ask

Thanks

CARRIE

by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kpolitte
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:46 AM

AWWW congrats!! My dh wont be here for our anniversery this year he will be deployed and we havent been married long so I dont have much advice!!!

leebrey
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:54 PM
me n my dh will be married 5yrs in august but together 7yrs then. i personally think communication is the best key to any marriage as in talkin not yellin or arguein. never go to bed angry either, thats always worked for us..doesnt matter how late we have to stay up to work things out we dont ever go to bed mad at each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leebrey
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:54 PM
congrats by the way!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaClark3
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Hahaha... than the seven year itch which some get early???

I think that anytime you "celebrate"... it should be more about quality time than what you are actually doing??? So choose things like dinner where you can actually talk over a movie theatre where you can pass time and be involved in other things besides them??? This was one way I used to screen guys/dates.... first inclination of how into you or your panties they are.... hahaha

~*Beverly*~
http://motherofallboyz.blogspot.com/

mamaevans2
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Quoting kpolitte:

AWWW congrats!! My dh wont be here for our anniversery this year he will be deployed and we havent been married long so I dont have much advice!!!

Sorry you have to spend time alone on your annivesary...

mamaevans2
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Thanks Ladies....Yeah we do communicate most of the time about our problems...but im sure it will get better with time..

SpinDaisy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:50 PM

Happy Anniversary!!  Mine is tomorrow too!!  DH and I will be married for 7 years.  We have 3 1/2 year old twin girls and I can say that these last 3 years have been the hardest on us!  Just ALWAYS make time for each other!!  That's the best advice I can give you! Have a great Anniversary!! =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)