Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My husband is so bossy, and controlling!

Posted by on May. 26, 2011 at 12:31 PM
  • 14 Replies

I get so frustrated lately. He really just wants have his own way all the time. I just feel like a doormat, and not smart one too.

by on May. 26, 2011 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kpolitte
by on May. 26, 2011 at 12:33 PM

It sounds to me like you should get out now a lot of abusive relationships start with controlling and bossy behavior!!! Good Luck!!

HaydensMommy007
by on May. 26, 2011 at 12:36 PM

there are always two sides to the story....

Im not saying the way he treats you is right...but you have to own up to your faults too.

Nothing is going to get better if you shift all the blame on to him

mmama0619
by on May. 26, 2011 at 12:39 PM
Lol I think that's most men, my dh is the same way, he's told me b4 he gets mad when things don't go HIS way, pissing me off, I'm like this ain't a one way thing we got going here, ugh men :/
AudieMP
by on May. 26, 2011 at 12:51 PM
Idk exactly what's going on with you, but my husband is kind of that way, too. On top of that he is ALWAYS right! (no matter if he is or not). I just look at it as he is a leader, and definitely the leader of our family. I get upset sometimes and I let him know it, but for the most part he honors me and I let him lead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceecee010
by on May. 26, 2011 at 12:58 PM

my husband is bossy to o but i do stand up for myself my husband worship the ground i walk but let him do this bcos i love him. wht is u case?

mrscarlaj
by on May. 26, 2011 at 2:18 PM
I used to think the same way. But I told him we have to communicate better. If we talk down to each other or like we are children then the other won't receive it. It's about being submissive and understanding that he is accountable for the safety and well-being of this family. Respect goes both ways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melly_v88
by on May. 26, 2011 at 2:30 PM

((HUGS!))

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on May. 26, 2011 at 3:17 PM

**hugs** 

Hope everything works our for you.

britters4423
by on May. 26, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Yeah, I hear ya. My husband is definitely the 'leader of the pack'..and im fine with that because if something is bothering me, then I tell him and we work it out. 

kathyartist2007
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Some people are just born bossy. My mom was bossy with my dad but it didn't bother him. She was kind of his rudder steering him, but he ultimately did as he wanted. But they got along great because my dad is more of a mild mannered quiet person that needs a strong partner. My mom adored him but was just bossy (she passed away in 1990).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)