Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

why did you get married?

Posted by on May. 30, 2011 at 4:58 AM
  • 24 Replies
On our 2 years he surprised me by saying he wanted to get mareied...weve talked about it before but hea always said he dsnt want ro ger married again. Last time he marridd was so she could get insurance and it changed their relationship.
We plan on being together forever and decided to get married after we hv kids so wed all have the same name and stuff. He surprised me by saying he wanted to marry me...
We bought rings and are getting engageged in june. We had talked about dping a quick elopement end of june so i bought a beautiful dress on clearance.
He keeps asking are you sure...me forever? He tells me im to young and need to really think bout it. We moved our date to september and now hes saying he dsnt know if thats the right time either. He dsnt want to make another mistake. Weve been thru hell and high water together so idk why hes having reservations. I dont think marriage will change us. I love him and his daughter and want to be with them forever. He says the same thing...but he then says not now...
Did your husband act like that prior to the wedding? Did marriage change your relationship much? Whydid you want to get married before you did?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 30, 2011 at 4:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
metalhealthmom
by on May. 30, 2011 at 5:05 AM

at the time when we got married i need health insurance. we had been planning to get married a few years down the road but when i lost my insurance i really needed it, so hubby and i got hitched so he could cover me. its working out!

busymominmo
by on May. 30, 2011 at 9:49 AM

I wanted to get married because I loved my dh and I wanted to grow old with him and have kids with him. He wanted to get married for the same reasons. He said the 1st time he saw me that he knew he was going to marry me. Things are different when you get married but not in a bad way-not in my experience anyway. You'll have problems but you'll get throught them if you really love each other and want to be together. Good luck!!!

hotmommytutu
by on May. 30, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Hoenstly....we were pregnant w/ daughter #2 and he wanted to move back to Canada.  We thought that by being married it would make my immigration process way easier as I'm American. 

I never intended on getting married...ever.  I do not believe you need a ceremony, rings and a piece of paper to give somebody a lifelong committment.  After we married and moved to Canada we found out we did not need to be married afterall because we already had a child together , another on the way and we could prove that we did not get married for the sole purpose of my immigration.....9 yrs later, we're still in Canada and married.  I won't lie and tell you it's been easy or that I wouldn't change things (we are legally seperated) but, we are working it out.

leslieOli
by on May. 30, 2011 at 10:16 AM

We got married sooner than planned because i needed insurance, mine was way too expensive, and he's in the Military so his is pretty damn awesome.  But you know... we love each other too :)

menmy2lilmen
by on May. 30, 2011 at 10:22 AM

First time I got married I needed insurance. He begged to marry me for two years and when we sent the date it went way down hill. He could not handle it. He pushed off the date and even burned our marriage licence. It was bad and I should have called it off right then. If he is acting all scared then he is. Definitely not ready to say I do. I would be very careful.

touchingstars
by on May. 30, 2011 at 10:23 AM
My first marriage, we drove by the court house and i said lets get married and we did a month later, sept. 16 2005 my twins were 3 mns old, seperated in december of 05, divorced in 07...... my current SO started dating in 07, had our dd in 08, he wants to get married but not until we acheive our goals in life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SP_Mama
by on May. 30, 2011 at 10:26 AM

I married my husband because I love him and I want to spend the rest of my life with him.  He completes me...as corny as that my sound.  *L*  We were together for 4 yrs. before we got married so we were both ready for it.  Marriage didn't really change anything for us except make us legal. 

robsgurl_23
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2011 at 11:48 AM
I married my husband cause I loved him and we had been together for 4 years and we figured we would take the next step of our relationship and we are very happy with everything and very happy being married.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CameronsMommy23
by on May. 30, 2011 at 1:20 PM
We got married b/c we love each other and want to be together for the rest of our lives! We figured out quickly that our families wanted to make the wedding about them so we got married alone in Jamaica on the beach. Marriage changed things for me in that I knew that he was committed to me forever. (And I to him) There are ups and downs for sure but the tough times make the good times even better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on May. 30, 2011 at 3:21 PM

We were just crazy, he just asked one day if I wanted to get married today. I said sure and we were legal before lunch that day!

I don't think it changed much, until we had kids. I don't think we really thought it over before, we liked each other and wanted to be together so we did.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN