Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Gypsy wives....

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:51 AM
  • 9 Replies
Has anyone seen My big fat gypsy wedding?
Just noticed that in the relationships after they are married- the men work and the women do not.. And the men are basically the boss. Like its their customs. What do u all think about those grits?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:22 AM

I have not seen it! I think if it works them! MMMM DK? if I wanna tune in that show?! lol

MrsApple
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:23 AM

If it works for them,that's great.It seems like it does.

motha2daDuchess
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:15 AM

i loved that show, truly. it was odd...i think they are a "traditional" 50's kinda attitude....almost submissive----it works for them..I did tell my dh that those girls are the trampiest virgins since Brit Brit came on the scene

, mom to 2 crazy kids, a CHD HI daughter and a heart healthy boy,Pro-Choice Mama for Obama!! I have a baby because I WANTED one, not because I HAD to-//Never have a battle of wits, with an unarmed person...

woliung8153
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:48 AM

I watched the show and I am hooked just because their way of life is so different then what I have seen. But yeah the way they let the kids dress is wow. Having a 7 year old she would not be able to wear that much make up and those clothes. But I also understand that is their culture and how they are raised.

DawnLauren
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:32 AM

ya we've had it over here for ages and I know alot of woman who are travellers and they don't like this show, it was edited for entertainment purposes. I find it funny.

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:29 AM
Yeah I don't like the way the kids were dressed but that's their culture.....I guess lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:34 AM

I haven't heard of it or seen it. The trampiest virgins comment made  me giggle. If it works for them, more power to them! 

My Fiance and I have a relationship like that. I stay home and he works really hard to make that possible for me. We discuss everything and he highly values my opinion but at the end of the day, he has final say. I like it that way. That's how it was in my household growing up. We think that women should stay home with babies and men go out and work. That's just how it is and everyone is thriving under those conditions. WHy change what works? For us!

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I saw that, they know what they are getting into. If they did not want it to be that way. Then they need to not get married and live that way. But it has always been that way and they know that. Heck even outsiders come into it. Whatever they want. Does not effect my life.

kjoarcik
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:41 PM

I just finished watching an episode I DVR'd. I personally couldn't live like that. It is part of their customs. The women get married and become housewives. They don't do anything without the husbands approval. They aren't allowed to work even if they wanted to.

And they dress like tramps! Did you see the clothes those girls wore?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)