Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do video games get in the way

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:40 AM
  • 15 Replies

My husband is a video game fanatic. If its not the XBox its the Playstation. He spends so much money and time playing games. It keeps him at home, but what is the deal with the obsession

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jrsmom333
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:34 PM
No...I have to bribe my hubby to play video games. I like watching him play the scary ones but he rarely does
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylaird
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Mine is that way over Final Fantasy XI... I don't mind that he plays. It's when he plays ALL DAY or for more than about 3 hours at a time that I start getting aggravated.

But I really like watching him play just about anything on XBox 360. He bought "Hunted" last night and I really enjoyed watching him play it. I get to cuddle up to him while he plays. ;)

jazi1105
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Mine loves video games, but I do as well...if I'm not watching him, I'm playing with him. It used to get VERY spendy, but he's learned to live with what he has. It is very entertaining though.

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:44 PM
Nope .. He doesn't play them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rain2Rinse
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:47 PM

No. He thinks video games are for kids. He hasn't played a game in many many years. We don't even have a game console in the house anymore. Besides, he is so busy that he wouldn't have time to play it anyway

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:47 PM

No, he knows when to turn it off. We have also during the winter got games we can play together as a family.

3rdTimeJoining
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:49 PM

He doesn't get to play games as much anymore since he works pretty much all the time, but it does become a major annoyance if he plays it for more than an hour & the game doesn't look that appealing. Now if they have a good storyline, he can play it as long as he wants cause I'll be reading the story line LOL. For example, there's a game called Xenosaga & I swear it was like a movie.

Danielle-Lo-La
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:54 PM

never gets in the way. he knows when to turn it off, and I know when to turn it on :) It's one of the reasons we got married... there's nothing better than cuddling on the couch playing a fps when the baby falls asleep :)

MommaClark3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Quoting SandyBeachInNY:

My husband is a video game fanatic. If its not the XBox its the Playstation. He spends so much money and time playing games. It keeps him at home, but what is the deal with the obsession

~*Smiles*~... forgive me, this is not a dig, but a general statement

I have seen many posts over the last ten years about women complaining about their other halves playing videogames... these same women are constantly on the social networking boards, and it actually first came to my attention with an EQ Addicts site... where those women talked on the boards just as much as their husbands' were doing online gaming! And I myself do various forms of social networking (so not judging)...

But what I do not understand is the "pot calling the kettle black"...

~*Beverly*~
http://motherofallboyz.blogspot.com/

fraujones
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I'm a game addict too! I love my Xbox360, Wii, Nintendo DS, PSP...Games are addictive, especially RPGs! DH once complained that I was spending too much time playing Final Fantasy XII. I didn't want to hear it, but he was right. DH plays games too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)