Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O....would your SO be ok....

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:52 PM
  • 27 Replies

So lets say your Husband gained some weight. How would he take it if you told him you were not attracted to him, and that he needed to lose weight?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RheaF
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Personally, I don;t even notice his weight. He has gained a bit(he's told me before), but he is just as sexy as he was when I met him. I think it is because there is so much more to it now than there was when we met.

I know some would like to think you can take emotion out of the equation, but in all honesty, you can't. DH is sexy to me because of the Man he has become, because of the amazing Husband and Father he is now. He could be 300 pounds and I would honestly still be attracted to him.

Rain2Rinse
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:06 PM

He is kinda vain so I don't think he would let himself gain too much weight without doing something about it. I wouldn't be attracted to him if he gained a huge amount of weight. He is the love of my life and I will always love him and be in love with him but if he gets fat, no I won't be rushing to rip his clothes off. 

I am in love with his mind. I am in love with his heart and his personality. I am in lust with his body. Physical intimacy is a huge part of a relationship. I know some would like to think that you can make emotion the sum of the entire equation, but in all honesty,you can't. 

You need to be attracted to the person you are in a relationship with. Not just emotionally but physically. And when you no longer are, you need to feel like the person you are in a relationship with cares enough about you to want to do something about it.  

When we entered into our relationship, my Fiance was sitting at 200 pounds. I like him at 210. That's where he is hovering now. He would rather be 190. So we can both make sacrifices. If he gets to 180-190 pounds, I won't say anything. if he gets to 220-235 I won't say anything. Anything over or under that weight, I will absolutely bring it to his attention. If he is 300 pounds, there is no way I would lie and say I was still physically attracted to him. I will ALWAYS be attracted to his other qualities. He IS a great listener, partner, daddy, provider etc. 

But I would notice a large weight gain

mom_on_strike
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I would still be attracted to him...my hubby has gained a little weight since we got together but he is not even close to being over weight or fat...he is as sexxy as the day we got together..me on the other hand, I need to lose weight but he loves me for who I am...

casah4
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:14 PM

He would be hurt, of course, but he would work to lose the weight.

melly_v88
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:17 PM
I don't think he could go through any physical change That would change my attraction for him. :) That being said, if he gained a substantial amount of weight I'd tell him I'm worried for his health.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PaganMomma40
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:21 PM

He has gained a little weight and I love him just as much as I did the first time I met him. He's gorgeous to me...and always will be.

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:36 PM

He would be hurt, the same way I would if he did the same. But I have not noticed his weight gain till he said something to me. Not reason I married him. I love him for him.

RheaF
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I am not saying that emotion is the sum of it, just that it does play a huge part. DH has changed quite a bit since we first got married, so have I. That doesn't mean we find each other less attractive though. Just in a different way. Attraction changes and grows the more you get to know a person and the more you fall in love with them. Lust is replaced by an intimate love and longing for that person.

I am also not talking about the person gaining so much weight they are putting their health in danger. That would be an obvious answer for me. I would step in and I would hope DH would love me enough to do the same. I am talking just enough weight to change their physical appearance, a little.

gina4
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Now that my Dh isn't doing the construction work he had been doing for the last 5 yrs, he has gotten a little pudge belly going on... he says he needs/wants to get back to his flat tummy, but I kind of like his little pudge.. I love him anyway he is...

babybugsmomma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:22 PM

he would tell me to f**k off and that im fat too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)