Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone who has had an epidural had this happen?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
Yesterday I had an epidural when I had my knee surgery and last night my back was hurting and I notice it was swelled some and I lifted the back of my shirt and asked my oldest if I had a bruise there and she said yes so I went to the bathroom and looked as best I could and I saw a really dark purple round bruise. Today it still hurts and painful to touch. I will be getting a call from the center on Monday and telling them about it. I had a epidural with my second daughter but it never swelled and bruised on me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommiecassie
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:44 PM

I've never had it happen personally, but a few of my friends have.  It's no different than when you get a bruise from an IV in your hand. 

biancalina20
by Bianca Lina on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:50 PM
Sorry mama... Hope u get well. I never had an epi.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaofficer
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:49 PM
I had an orgams with my first one,that's the only thing it did for me. After i got out the hospital when I walked I have one.
robsgurl_23
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:58 PM
I wasn't sure if I should be concerned about it or not since it is on the spine area.

Quoting mommiecassie:

I've never had it happen personally, but a few of my friends have.  It's no different than when you get a bruise from an IV in your hand. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sacdp29
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:07 PM

I've had several epidurals due to some hip, back, etc.  pain.  I've never had bruising but sometimes the pain is worse the second day.  If you are worried, call your doctor's office.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:38 PM
((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)