• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Time

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:06 PM
  • 8 Replies

My husband and I have been married for almost 11 1/2 years. The first ten years my husband worked and worked and worked. If he wasn't working he was sleeping so we rarely had any family time together. Since he got fired, he has realized how much he has missed with me and our DD's and talks about wanting to do more with us and stuff like that. I quit my job back in February, due to personal reasons, and now am a stay at home mom. So this gives us more time to spend as a family, right?!? Guess not. The only things that we have done as a family is maybe a few times go to the store together, just the 4 of us, and since it has got warm out we have went to the park. He played basketball with his 2 brothers and i take the kids to the park and they play with their cousin...while i sit their and watch them...my SIL is their but she has a friend and I feel left out. Anyway, we got invited to go to the beach earlier, i don't have a bathing suit, hate wearing one especially now since i've gained so much weight....girls were all excited...then got to fighting and were put into a corner. so my BIL and family came by and asked if we were going and i said that i didn't know because i was suppossed to be watching my niece, but that didnt work out. and since the girls were in the corner they decided to leave and go and said that they would see us their. (sorry, rambling a bit). anyway, after my girls got out of the corner, they asked if we were going to the beach and i asked my husband and he said that he wasn't going, ugh, really?!? so the girls got mad because i thought that we made an agreement to go and do things as a family, instead of just me and the girls...so they are upset still a bit, he is acting like everything is fine and inside, i'm about ready to cry and so frustrated. sorry, just had to vent, probably just me anyway

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
pse07
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:09 PM
sorry ((hugs)) I say go have fun with your girls and forget about him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mickeymouse28
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:12 PM

i'm just so tired of it being me doing everything with our girls...he is a homebody, and so am I but there comes a time when you need to get out. He wants to do that...but when i really bring it up and say ok..then he's like, oh i was just thinking out loud

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Quoting pse07:

sorry ((hugs)) I say go have fun with your girls and forget about him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:14 AM

Have you suggested going somewhere?  The park is always a fun place or even the zoo.

Kimbkay
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:21 AM
Just talk to him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mickeymouse28
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:46 PM

i have talked to him, we talk about what we want to do and make plans, but can never folllow through with them

2rays0fsun
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 4:41 PM

sorry you're feeling this way... try continue to make plans to do fun family stuff and always invite him to go. If he doesn't want to though don't force it.. just go have a great time with your kids/relatives, and come home and tell him what a blast u all had. I think after awhile he might feel left out and decide to tag along.. then he'll find out what he's been missing hopefully.

now u said he got fired after 10 yrs of being employed, and it seems he likes to be busy (since u say he wanted to work and work). Is it possible he's depressed at the change in his job status? You quit your job this year, are financial issues any kind of strain or stress in your household? That can also affect how active or willing he is to do something other than stay at home. Just a thought, u could talk to him about these things as well.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

mickeymouse28
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 12:12 AM

oh and i found out today from my SIL that my DH, her DH and their other brother are going to Cleveland for like 3 days!! the last thing that i knew is that they were talking about it and it was going to be only one night. Suppossedly she said that they will be gone the 15th-17th of june, and I have yet to hear about this from my husband...going to wait...then see what happens, ugh...geez, can't i get away for once?!? nope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)